Lost Data & Backups

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

silvrwood
    Participant

First, let me rave about how awesome HeroMachine3 is and how wonderful it is that the creators allow us to use it online for free.  Thank you!!  You are a life saver for this artistically deficient person.  Thanks to you, I can come approximate the visions in my mind and make my school projects rock!

So, I created 3 characters last night and started a 4th.  Overnight I thought about some tweaks I wanted to make to my characters, starting with trying to create the 4th from a template in hopes of the templates including predefined Asian  characters.  I launched the tool this morning and thought I saw my characters presented for loading, but I only glanced as I was focusing on the template options.  After checking out the templates, I changed my mind and decided to go back to my customized characters, but they were gone.

I think loading the templates may have overwritten my %appdata% data.  Whatever the case, lesson learned.  From now on, I will back up my %appdata% data and save my characters as text.  Fortunately, I did export them as png files last night, but I am loathe to recreate them in order to modify them.

At all odds, the point of this post is to point out that there may be a data overwrite issue (or maybe it’s intentional), and to share the best practices recommendation to backup the HeroMachine data in %appdata% regularly, and to save characters to text as well as exporting them.

Tech Info
    Browser:  Mozilla Firefox 53.0.2
    Clear History Settings:  Browsing & Download, Active logins, Form & search, Cookies, Cache

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.