Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks. It was hard to get the effect right. I also had to add some wings, insignias, and flames to fill it in.

Linea24
    Participant

Ok, I finished Blue Rose’s picture.

Blue Rose is a Volcano Felis, a fire elemental. She is one of Lilac’s lesser known companions, and by far the most unrecognized because of her fiery origins. She, like many other Volcano Felis, tries to stay calm during any situation, but she sometimes fails in that aspect because of her tendency to over-apologize and because she can be very sensitive at times.

Blue-Rose-1.jpg

Linea24
    Participant

Oh, shoot. I just noticed how long it’s been since I’ve last posted. I’ve been busy with STAAR testing, and most of my time has been gobbled up by the ghost of catch-up-on-your-grades-or-else, so I’ve haven’t been able to create much recently, except for random drawings on notebook paper in the middle of choir. I’m right now still trying to finish up Silver Rose, so, i’m probably going to post her in a little bit

Linea24
    Participant

…I think I may have bit off more than I could chew with doing the remakes… I’m going to put this project aside for now and try to work on something else

Linea24
    Participant

I’m going to go ahead and continue on with my superheroes, and see what I can come up with.

Name: Irena Nye
    Aliases: Virtual Realty/VR
    Alignment: Superhero
    Associations: The Warders
    Powers: Control over electronics, track electricity, can travel through electronics
    Skills: Professional gamer and programmer

Irena was always the girl in the corner. She was always called names like Weirdo and the usual garbage little kids call those who don’t belong. Irena one day, tired of all the name-calling, picked up her favorite toy, a little toy duck that played music, and disappeared. Her parents came into her room right as she reappeared. Her parents shocked, they locked up everything she owned, in order to prevent Irena from disappearing again. 11 years later, Irena became the most wanted programmer and the top professional gamer, but she makes sure she does not use her powers when competing. Irena joined up with the Warders so that she could discover the identity of her rumored twin.

Virtual-Reality.jpg

Weilyn

Nice colours!
    Have you considered saving your pictures as PNGs rather than jpgs? It saves memory and makes them less blurry.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks! I was trying to come up with a design and color scheme that was similar to things that many people associate with computers, and that was the result.
    Actually, I haven’t thought of saving them as PNG’s instead of JPG’s. I haven’t really thought of it before, mainly because I’m more familiar with seeing jpg after the name of a picture saved on my computer.

Linea24
    Participant

One edit on VR’s bio: Her real is Irena Vann, not Irena Nye. Whoops.

Name: Alexandra Nye
    Aliases: Wisp
    Alignment: Superhero
    Associations: The Warders
    Powers: Turn intangible, flight
    Skills: Knows how to easily deflect questions

Alexandra was the unofficial popular girl in school, even though she didn’t want to be. She hated crowds and socializing. Even if she was with close friends, she never was one to speak. Unlike other atypicials, Alexandra never was really born with powers. It was only after a weird accident in the emergency room when she was getting an x-ray of her broken leg. The x-ray technician had collapsed and Alexandra still was getting an x-ray. The x-ray technician was revived some time later, but Alexandra still had too much radiation. Luckily for her, she was able to recover from her overdose of radiation. However, there was mutations that happened in her genes, which caused her to gain the ability of turning intangible and flight. Nowadays, Alexandra helps Grace manage the Warders while maintaining a relationship with Luke, another member of the Warders.
    Wisp.png

Linea24
    Participant

I couldn’t resist making my own superhero to go with the name the Teal and White Water Bowl, and this is what she looks like:

Teal-and-White-Water-Bowl.png

Linea24
    Participant

I’ve been having floods of school work thrown at me, so this is the first character I’ve done since the start of the final exam cram.

Okay, all I have on this character is that her name’s Rane, she has no powers, and she is with the Warders (edit: a source of infomation for the Warders). I haven’t come up with a backstory or additional infomation on her, so any suggestions would be very welcome.
    Edit: Thanks to Herr D, I now have a basis for Rane’s and personality. Rane is a unorthodox reporter who will uncover the most obsure and important info about the criminal underground and its happenings. She is the one who doesn’t ask for an interview, but instead stalk a person mercilessly until she gets the information she needs. She is also known for her creative cuss-subsitution language and her very unorthodox ways.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2013/06/Rane.png

Herr D
    Participant

Suggestions for Rane? She looks too scrappy to be just a sentry or a gopher. Too casual and memorable to be a spy or an office worker. A scout, someone who walks / rides a bus into town, uses charisma and / or faked street cred to get an in with the local underbelly. If nothing odd is happening, she makes a memorable declaration and leaves. If crime is changing, she collects a bit of knowledge that may be useful and leaves, and reports in with it.
    “Rane in Hamilll City.”
    “Cats and dogs?”
    “Scattered showers, unreliable reports, reporters awfully late.”
    “Holes in the ozone?”
    “South end of town, weather service has done nothing. Sports anchors leaving the channel.”
    “Broadcast at eleven – leave the channel.”
    “Yes sir.” Click.

[you might get a better suggestion for sports anchor, here I have it meaning local drug lord–‘recreational’ ‘authority’]

wife’s suggestion: “I never forget a name or a place. You want someone found? I’m the one to ask. I also have a knack. You ask me to figure out which bank is fronting for the mob? It’s the one I got change at when I got to town. You want me to find a low-life? He’s the guy who buys me a drink from the table next to you. You want me to tell you which cop’s dirty? HE’S the pig that roughed me up last week when I wouldn’t help him frame some homeless guy. Name’s Rane. As in Rane of terror all over YOU, ^&*!”

Linea24
    Participant

@Herr D said:

Suggestions for Rane? She looks too scrappy to be just a sentry or a gopher. Too casual and memorable to be a spy or an office worker. A scout, someone who walks / rides a bus into town, uses charisma and / or faked street cred to get an in with the local underbelly. If nothing odd is happening, she makes a memorable declaration and leaves. If crime is changing, she collects a bit of knowledge that may be useful and leaves, and reports in with it.
    “Rane in Hamilll City.”
    “Cats and dogs?”
    “Scattered showers, unreliable reports, reporters awfully late.”
    “Holes in the ozone?”
    “South end of town, weather service has done nothing. Sports anchors leaving the channel.”
    “Broadcast at eleven – leave the channel.”
    “Yes sir.” Click.

[you might get a better suggestion for sports anchor, here I have it meaning local drug lord–‘recreational’ ‘authority’]

wife’s suggestion: “I never forget a name or a place. You want someone found? I’m the one to ask. I also have a knack. You ask me to figure out which bank is fronting for the mob? It’s the one I got change at when I got to town. You want me to find a low-life? He’s the guy who buys me a drink from the table next to you. You want me to tell you which cop’s dirty? HE’S the pig that roughed me up last week when I wouldn’t help him frame some homeless guy. Name’s Rane. As in Rane of terror all over YOU, ^&*!”

I really like your suggestion. Especially the part about her being a scout-like character, since I was trying to create more of a rebel/double agent who goes into the crime and is able to not draw attention to herself as she finds out what is really going on. Do you mind if I use your idea?

Herr D
    Participant

Go ahead. I like being a muse. Smile

Linea24
    Participant

Thank youLaugh

Linea24
    Participant

Ok, I know I’ve haven’t been on in a month, but life has literally gotten in my way as always, and writing camp took up most my time, but, I’m back! Okay, here are my next two characters. I put them in the same picture just because I never can imagine them otherwise. And these two live on Felinae, to ease confusion. I also welcome any advice on these two.

Davera and Davan

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2013/07/Davan-Davera.png

Davera and Davan are twin faeries (faeries are similar to elves). They are total opposites, yet they always find that they are thrown together in the most awkward of situations. They both fight for the same goals (a.k.a liberation from the reign of Haletri), but they hate how the other goes around doing it.
    Davera prefers to do things with a degree of seriousness, to the point where she will snap at anyone who laughs unexpectedly. She does have a sense of humor, though, but it rarely shows unless she is around close allies or her brother.
    Davan is the farthest you can get from a traditional faerie. He always talks with a very odd accent and says words like “howdy” and “y’all” when nobody even understands what they mean. He discovered he didn’t need to use a bow because he could shoot speeding “fireballs” with his pointer finger. He loves to drive his sister nuts, but he knows when he should stop.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.