Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

They’re beautiful!

Stulte
    Participant

Simply spectacular! The dancing pose is excellent.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks everyone!

Another leader:

General Delita Riese

General Delita is the leader of the Riese. They are the main brunt of Antian’s defense, coming before the Virsa in battle.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nug
    Participant

Bad A$$ed!

Linea24
    Participant

@Nug: Thanks!

Guide Arthasi Cerca

Guide Arthasi Cerca is the wandering leader of the Cerca. The Cerca proclaim is the home of the Cercan Healing Arts, which is a fiercely guarded secret and rarely shared with outsiders.

Stulte
    Participant

As always your work is sublime. The reflection in Delita’s sword is ingenious.

Herr D
    Participant

Linea! You’re back. Eye problem? . . . I couldn’t enter the Santa Swap this year but left you something–I’m hoping you’ll grant me permission to use your image that I wrote a backstory for. Let me know.

Linea24
    Participant

@Herr D: Thanks for the welcome back! As for my eye problem, it’s better now. And you can go ahead and use Lvesani. I don’t mind.

I’m still working on my Santa Swap gifts, so I’ll post those when I can.

Vengeance
    Participant

good stuff as usual

Keric
    Participant

Hey, welcome back, glad to here you feel better.

Linea24
    Participant

Well, I think I’m back for real this time.

Abigaila V2

I will admit, I liked Abigaila’s previous design, but I felt like the posed picture I did of her, with her throwing a punch towards the camera, was a little out of character for her. Also, I wanted to practice shading with a dark-colored background some more 🙂

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yay, you’re back!!!!!

We missed you.

Oh, and the shading is awesome btw.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Back with a bang, I see. Great lightning/shading! Glad you’re back … 🙂

Linea24
    Participant

Well, it’s about time I posted this.

A while back, I decided to redo my first real attempt at shading:

This was the result:

Honestly, I really liked how it came out. Looking back, I realize that at the time, I didn’t really have a good grasp on how light sources worked, and don’t get me started on item usage. My posing has gotten much better, and my faces have become more varied in expression than just a default “meh” expression. I’ve also gotten better at using the lineart on the items like suggestions rather than set-in-stone barriers, and being able to create custom items. One thing I still need to really work on, though, is small details.

JR19759
    Keymaster

There’s only one critique I’d have with the new version, which is that the ring on her left index finger is rather large and looks a bit unwieldy. But other than that, the pose is better, the shading looks much more natural, changing the lightning and energy for a circle keeps the focus on the character rather than immediately drawing the attention away, which is good. I love the use of the cape as a skirt to match with the pose, I like the custom top and the broach looks really cool. I also agree on the face being much better, she looks much more serious and badass. My favourite bit, however, has to be the wings. The effect you’ve got on them doesn’t distract from the rest of the character, it’s very subtle, but when you do notice it, it keeps the attention. Great work.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.