JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Redesign of Ionic Man (who you can see on the previous page).

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/302/7/d/ionic_man_by_jr19759-d5jb23x.png

Profile: A brilliant physicist, Marcus Hawkins was employed on a top secret project creating a new kind of radiation weapon. When an industrial spy sabotaged the weapon, Hawkins was trapped in the laboratory alone, locked in by the security system. When the radiation flooded the room, his body was mutated, allowing him to channel any kind of radiation through his body and see in inferred and with x-ray vision. However, the radiation also affected his mind, driving him insane.

JR19759
    Keymaster

One of my entries for this weeks contest: Baron Samedi

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/304/2/9/baron_samedi_by_jr19759-d5jipgu.png

livewyre1014
    Participant

brilliant!!! Love the pose, love the environment…LOVE the body paint. Nicely done!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@livewyre1014 said:

brilliant!!! Love the pose, love the environment…LOVE the body paint. Nicely done!

thanks. I was watching a James Bond documentary and bits from Live and Let Die came up, if you’ve seen the movie you’ll know were the body paint came from.

Legatus
    Participant

Love Deaths Head and Ionic Man!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks Legatus.

Anyway, in response to what Scatman said at the top of this page, and since he hasn’t told me specifically which one he wants me to upload, the individual images of the group shot characters on the last page. You can find their profiles on the last page also.

1. Mr Mass
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2012/10/Mr-Mass.png

Note: As you have probably noticed, I haven’t quite got the hang of posting these in this way yet, otherwise there would only be one link under this. Alas no, and it keeps changing the name of any picture I try to upload to Mr Mass so I can’t be sure I’m uploading the right image, so unless anyone has any bright ideas I’m uploading these individually.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Question-and-Answer.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

God Man
    God-Man-1.png

Weilyn

While I can never get enough of badass men in strappy suits, it seems like you double posted God Man.

Love Samedi, by the way. That movie used to scare the hell out of me.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Weilyn said:

While I can never get enough of badass men in strappy suits, it seems like you double posted God Man.

Love Samedi, by the way. That movie used to scare the hell out of me.

It appears you are correct. I don’t know how that happened, because the first one wasn’t there when I posted the second. I posted God Man after Question and Answer. Hopefully one of our moderators will read this and delete one of them for me.

I must say Live And Let Die is my fave Bond movie, just because of Baron Samedi. He was such a cool character.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, inspired by the brilliant entries into my last redesign contest, I’ve had a go redesigning the two characters my self, borrowing/ stealing liberally from NHA247 & headlessgeneral’s redesigns (hope you guys don’t mind)
    You can see their designs here: http://www.heromachine.com/forum/art-contests-challenges/jr19759s-redesign-contest/

My Redesigns: Gold Hawk & Queen Eagle
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/307/c/a/gold_hawk_and_queen_eagle__redesigns__by_jr19759-d5jv6a7.png

I absolutely loved the chest plate NHA247 came up with for his redesign of Gold Hawk, in fact there where only two things that stopped his taking the win. I’m not a huge fan of the dark yellow he used for the armour, it made it more Green Hawk than Gold Hawk, and the beak he gave the character, which looked a bit weird.
    Headlessgeneral’s take on Queen Eagle won the contest and if you check out the image, you can see why. He really captured the essence of the character. The only thing that I changed about the design were the cape and mask.

Profiles: Twins, born to a mortal woman and the dying spirit of an ancient god, Leigh and Lance Walker were given mystical powers by their father in the hope that they would grow up to revive him. However, they grew up unaware of their origin and instead used their powers to fight crime. Both have the ability to fly, as well as super-strength and a telepathic bond that makes them an unbeatable team when they work together.

Loving Gold Hawk’s chestpiece and Queen Eagle’s feather cape. Great work!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks MisterDinoMan. I can’t actually take credit for the chest piece, that’s one of the bits I borrowed from NHA247, but I’m glad you like it all the same.

JR19759
    Keymaster

After redesigning Gold Hawk and Queen Eagle, I thought I might as well do the rest of the Justice Guard (with the exception of Dynamo, as I’m quite happy with the version I entered into the speedster contest and you can see that a few pages back on this thread). Anyway, we start of with The Watchman

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/309/6/6/the_watchman__redesign__by_jr19759-d5k1fe5.png

Profile: A former night-watchman at a shipping yard, Carl Barratt came across an old lantern washed up on one of the slipways. Little did he know that this lantern was a mystical construct, and when he touched it, he was transformed into The Watchman, the heroic avatar of justice and light. The Lantern allows Carl to control the visible spectrum of light and gives him the power to teleport through rays of light.

JR19759
    Keymaster

And again, this time Star-Girl

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/309/8/f/star_girl__redesign__by_jr19759-d5k1tts.png

As a teenager, Lucy Falkner came into contact with a fragment of a recently crash meteorite, contaminated with an experimental extraterrestrial serum, which gave her super powers. When her father, a struggling publicist and PR man, learnt of this he decided to make his daughter an international superstar by making her a superhero. After a public fight with Amun-Ra in Times Square, he called a press conference to announce Super-Star to the world. Super-Star would soon become a hire hero, with her father taking a large percentage of the commission and becoming very rich in the process. With her father now controlling every aspect of her life, including who she was friends with and what she ate, Lucy began to dream of a life without her father. She would later find a legal way out of her fathers control with the aid of Gold Hawk’s civilian I.D, corporate lawyer Lance Walker, and she joined Walker in The Watchman’s Justice Guard team as Star-Girl.
    Her powers include the ability to control cosmic energy, projecting it in blasts or manipulating it to give her super-strength or the ability to fly.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.