March 9, 2013 at 5:41 pm #20844
Well, I’ve managed to crank out a new Geek Quiz this week. Good luck, everyone.
1. In the Firefly episode named â€œJaynestown,â€ what is the actual name of the town where Jayne Cobb is worshipped as a hero?
2. What object inspired Martin Nodell, the creator of the Alan Scott character, to use a Green Lantern?
3. Which of the following has the 11th Doctor not declared to be cool?
D Bunk Beds
4. Who was the first inhabitant to greet Arthur Dent on Magrathea?
5. What is Anakin Skywalkerâ€™s padawanâ€™s name in the Clone Wars series?
6. What is the Ferengiâ€™s first Rule of Acquisition?
7. What is the name of the half-sister of the Brothers Majere in Dragonlance?
8. Who was Slytherinâ€™s Quidditch Captain the first year that Harry Potter attended Hogwarts?
9. In the British sci-fi series Blakeâ€™s 7, whatâ€™s the name of the first ship commanded by Blake?
10. Which real-life Canadian coffee chain does Stacey Pilgrim work at in the Scott Pilgrim books?
11. What is the name of Master Chiefâ€™s AI companion?
12. In Hitchikerâ€™s Guide to the Galaxy, what message were the dolphins trying to convey by doing a double backflip though a hoop while whistling the Star-Spangled Banner?
13. Although a frequent recurring character on Star Trek:TNG, which episode of Star Trek DS9 was Q’s only appearance?
14. Identify the Marvel hero by their quote. (1/4 each)
a. Itâ€™s Clobberinâ€™ Time
b. By the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
c. Flame on!
15. How many parsecs did it take the Millennium Falcon to make the Kessel Run?
16. Why should Mogwais not eat after midnight?
17. In Lost, what name did Benjamin Linus give when he was first encountered by the crash survivors?
18. Who was generally regarded as Batmanâ€™s first â€œsuper villain?â€
19. What model of car did Glenn steal in Atlanta in order to distract the walkers from the rest of his group in The Walking Dead?
20. Name the original 6 X-Men.
2. Railway signal lamps (specifically the one with the green filter)
3. B (Bowties, Stetsons, and Bunk Beds are all cool, according to the Doctor, but apples are rubbish)
5. Ahasoka Tano
6. â€œOnce you have their money, never give it back.â€
7. Kitiara Uth-Matar
8. Marcus Flint
9. The Liberator
10. Second Cup
12. â€œSo long, and thanks for all the fish.â€
14. a. The Thing
b. Doctor Strange
c. Human Torch
16. Because theyâ€™ll turn into Gremlins
17. Henry Gale
18. Doctor Death (In Detective Comics #29)
19. Dodge Challenger
20. Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Professor X
March 9, 2013 at 6:49 pm #20846
I got 10 3/4 (1, 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 14 abc, 15, 16, 17, 20)
Also The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne. It is even more awesome with Adam Baldwin singing it.March 10, 2013 at 3:24 am #20868
I managed to get 9. 3, 4, 8, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20.
I think Q20 would have been harder if it was name the original Ultimate X-Men.
And I have learnt something new about Green Lantern, for which I thank you.March 10, 2013 at 8:11 pm #20907
Vampyrist: I love that video. Especially Adam Baldwin’s hat. A man walking down the street wearing a hat like that, people know he’s not afraid of anything.
Also, the idea of the magic ring came from Wagner’s opera The Ring of the Nibelung.
March 13, 2013 at 4:01 am #21038
Well, so far we’ve only had 2 participants.
Anyone else going to take a run at it?March 13, 2013 at 10:25 am #21057
Yep, sometime today.March 13, 2013 at 10:42 am #21058
Make that now.
I got 10 1/2- 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 12, 14 ac, 15 & 20.March 13, 2013 at 10:44 am #21059
Make that now.
I got 10 1/2- 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 12, 14 ac, 15 & 20.
You mean someone has actually beaten you at one of these quizzes?March 13, 2013 at 11:24 am #21061March 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm #21072
I got all of 14, 16, 19, and 20 for a total of 4March 16, 2013 at 5:57 pm #21217
I sadly don’t have a geek quiz right now, so, while I will try to work on one, nothing will be released until next week sometime.
In the meantime, the standings on this week’s quiz thus far:
Vampyrist – 10.75
Trekkie – 10.5
JR19759 – 9
Headless General – 4March 25, 2013 at 2:44 pm #21591
So, sadly, I’m just not coming up with enough questions (I might have 2 or 3) for a suitable Geek Quiz, so I would like to take a break from it for a while, give myself some time to refresh. If anyone else wants to take a crack at putting up a Geek Quiz for the forum, please do.March 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm #21593
Unless anyone else volunteers within the next few days I’ll take back over, but it’d be more interesting if someone else stepped up to do it.March 30, 2013 at 5:26 pm #21765
Ok, I’m taking back over, keeping the shortened format for this week and in multiple choice, hopefully I’ll have 20 questions next week. I’ve also sneaked a few of my geeky pleasures in this time, but no ponies from me
1) Which of these superheroes has Stan Lee never written a comic for?
a) Luke Cage
d) Black Panther
2) What year did DC comics first come into existence? (bonus point for anyone who can give the original name)
3) Which of these isnâ€™t one of the first 150 Pokemon?
4) What is Hellboyâ€™s real name?
a) Amon Un Rama
b) Amon Un Roma
c) Anung Un Rama
d) Anung Un Roma
5) Match the titles of these Star Trek films to the number film they were.
a) The Undiscovered Country
b) The Wrath Of Khan
c) The Voyage Home
d) The Final Frontier
6) Which of these is not a wizard from J.R.R Tolkienâ€™s fictional word of Middle Earth?
7) Which of these companions from Doctor Who features in the most episodes?
a) Jo Grant
b) Sarah Jane Smith
c) Susan Foreman
d) Donna Noble
8) Which of these digidestined did not appear in Digimon Adventure?
a) Taichi â€˜Taiâ€™ Kamiya
b) Takeru â€˜T.Kâ€™ Takashi
c) Henry Wong
d) Yolie Inoue
9) Which of these bounty hunters from the Star Wars franchise do not answer Darth Vadarâ€™s call during The Empire Strikes Back?
d) Aurra Sing
10) What year did Knuckles The Echidna first appear in the Sonic The Hedgehog video game series?
2) B (bonus- National Allied Publications)
5) A-6, B-2, C-4, D-5
10) DMarch 30, 2013 at 5:47 pm #21766
The Atomic PunkParticipant
9 for 13. JR19759, how about a super-bonus to anyone who can name the first 150 PokÃ©mon?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.