Community Character Build #2

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Community Character Build #2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Skoul
    Participant

I had an idea for a community project that I wanted to start in the new year. It seems that Hammerknight had the same idea nearly two years ago, so I spent my holidays practicing necromancy in order to try and revive this idea.

I will post Hammerknight’s original rules here – with two modifications:

1. I’ll start by posting one item from HM into this thread. Plus text.

2. Next person will add another item* and text. (See rule 4)

3. Items can not be moved once they are placed.

4. *You cannot mask onto already placed items, but if you wish you may mask a new item onto a new insignia/item provided the insignia/item is then made transparent. So basically for my turn I could place an insignia and then mask an item onto it, but I will then have to make the insignia transparent. In effect placing two items but only one is visible.

5. You must wait at least two turns(one item* added is a turn) before you can add another item.

5. For now colouring is not allowed (when ‘finished’ I will figure out some way of who gets to colour)

6. Please label the file with the item number, so I labeled mine “first” the next person will label their’s “second,2nd, or number 2.

Alright let’s get started!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

asubtledagger28
    Participant

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Great idea!

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks AMS, I thought it would be nice if everyone was able to pitch in on a project.

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

part 5

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

C’mon guys (and gals), I know there’s more people out there! It’s a community project and I was hoping that as a community we could all pitch in to create something together. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, I for one am terrible with faces, but together our strengths could outweigh the weaknesses and who knows we might actually create something good – or an abomination.

Nug
    Participant

Cool idea! 😀

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

Just a reminder, we need the text as well as the picture because if someone positions an item in a particular way, the following machiner might not position it exactly the same if you have not attached the text.

Attachments:

Nug
    Participant

$#!+… my bad. I had it saved just didn’t upload it.

Vectorman316
    Participant

Cool idea, Skoul!

Attachments:

Nug
    Participant

part 9

Attachments:

Mad Jack
    Participant

Damn it. I slipped up with the consecutive numbering. Could a mod delete the attachments in my previous post, please? -_-

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks guys! Glad to see people taking part!

Mad Jack, in response to your question about masking, which I did see before it was taken down, I think I will make a new rule. You cannot mask onto already placed items, but if you wish you may mask a new item onto a new insignia/item provided the insignia/item is then made transparent. So basically for my turn I could place an insignia and then mask an item onto it, but I will then have to make the insignia transparent. In effect placing two items but only one is visible.

I will update the rules with this.

Anyways, part 11

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

I am taking the Idea that If it is logical that an item must come in pairs,(ie Shoes, hands, eyes, etc) that 1 person May select both

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

Keric I am going to have to say no to that because it doesn’t have to be symmetrical. The rules do state that you may only place one item per turn, unless masking. The following machiner may add the other shoe, but what if our creation here was to have a robot leg or arm, you can’t assume that the following machiner will agree. I will let it slide this once, but for future turns please only add one item, unless masking, to allow others the chance to diversify the character.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.