Christmas Contest Idea

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Christmas Contest Idea

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Keric
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

@Herr D said:

Well! I might suggest that everyone who has a list item made for them on the SantaSwap is obligated to make, after calling dibs on it, something. In hm3, following hm3 rules, with text, on someone’s list or the closest they can manage within six calendar days of logging back on and finding it. Or something of quality hand-drawn with the appropriate begging and pleading that dblade or Jeff trace, alter, upload, etc. if they are willing. That way I can guarantee my own participation and throw out the insecurity that anyone might feel, including possibly my own. [looks around to see if anybody caught that with great suavity and debonairness and subtleation. And poisehood!]

I agree with the idea that if you’ve asked for something and you get it, you should use it, when concerning poses, items and backgrounds. But I’m not sure about the asking for hand-drawn stuff to be uploaded, that wasn’t really what I had in mind, unless the people on here who can draw are happy to do it.
    I like the name idea as well, I might use it for the main thread when it opens on Saturday.

Are there any suggestions people would like to add to the list of things you can ask for? To give people ideas.
    At the moment I’ve got:
    Character Redesigns
    New Character Ideas (if you’ve got a team of heroes or villains and you’re struggling to think of members, stuff like that)
    Custom Poses with Text
    Custom Items with Text (using items already in the program)
    Custom Backgrounds with Text
    Personal Portraits (if you ever wanted to see yourself or someone you know in heromachine form)
    Tutorials on how to do a certain effect (just don’t make it machinist specific, it’s meant to be so that anyone can give any gift).

And any changes/ additions to rules?
    Current Rules:
    Each person who participates must put up a list of 5 ‘presents’ that they’d like to receive
    If you receive a present you must give a present back
    If you make a custom pose/item/background as a present include the text string so the person receiving the gift can use it
    If you receive a custom pose/item/background you obliged to use it at some point during the time the Santa Swap is taking place but post usage onto your own thread and mark out that it was from the Santa Swap (exceptions will be made for those who get gifts in the last few days before the thread closes)
    Don’t ask a specific machinist to give you a present, whilst they may be happy to do it, you’re excluding others from giving that gift

Hopefully we’ll see some good participation in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

Would it be fair to add
    ) if someone’s list gets completed, GO TO THE NEXT PERSON’S list
    and
    ) If someone gave a gift that you also want to give, then by all means feel free to give it in a new thread or a PM?

ams
    Participant

I’m in. Is this still a go?

JR19759
    Keymaster

yup.

Linea24
    Participant

I’m in. Been in a funk with little inspiration recently.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok guys, I’ll be making up a thread for this years Santa Swap tomorrow, so if you are participating I’d start getting a list ready (5 things remember). The rules will be in the first post of the new thread if you are unsure about anything, basically they’ll be the same as last year, but I’ll clarify the whole ‘what happens if someones list is completed’ thing a bit more. So yeah, see y’all tomorrow.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sooooooo. Literally a week to go until “the most wonderful time of year” is upon us and that can only mean one thing right? Yup, one week until the annual Santa Swap, organised by yours truly, will be returning in a flurry of festive fun and frolics. So, just testing the water to see who’s interested.

For those of you who weren’t around for the last two, the idea is you make a christmas list of 5 Heromachine related items (custom poses/ backgrounds, character redesigns, help with a character, stuff like that) and some one gives you something off of your list as a gift. In return you give them something off of their list. Simple, just like giving and receiving Christmas presents. The idea is to keep with the spirit of the season and be generous.

The three will open next Monday, December 1st and will run through to Christmas Eve, provided enough people look to be taking part. If you want to have a look at the rules or either of the previous Santa Swaps, you can check them out here: http://www.heromachine.com/forums/topic/santa-swap/

And here: http://www.heromachine.com/forums/topic/santa-swap-2/

Mad Jack
    Participant

Count me in! 🙂

Keric
    Participant

Working on my list!

Herr D
    Participant

Working on my own list as well. Somehow it’s harder this year, with me not getting to spend as much time on the site.

Samerekaul24
    Participant

Sounds cool! I’m in.

Nug
    Participant

Yeah me too! Been looking forward to it. 😀

Linea24
    Participant

I’m definitely going to participate again this year.

CantDraw
    Participant

The Christmas Swap is one of the few times I can honestly say that giving is more fun than receiving. Looking forward to participating…

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok guys, just gauging interest for this years Santa Swap.

All of the information for previous swaps can be found earlier in this thread.

Lef
    Participant

Count me in mate 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.