Candruth’s Characters :3

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Candruth’s Characters :3

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 440 total)
  • Author

Candruth

Machine isn’t doing what I want it to.

Welcome to the club, my friend. 😛

ams
    Participant

What are you guys experiencng with the program?  Does it lag on you with not many items selected?  I wrote to Jeff via Facebook and mentioned that in the last 2 weeks that I have been using the program, there have been some glitches out of the normal ones.  Let me know if you are having the same issues….

ams
    Participant

Oh yeah, and the Merman pic is well done!  Makes want to listened to more Tool albums….;)

Candruth

there have been some glitches out of the normal ones

Nothing new for me, although it’s still a death sentence for my artwork if I accidentally click the ‘Print’ button.

Oh yeah, and the Merman pic is well done!

Thanks so much! I’m very happy with it. 😀

cliff
    Participant

Going back to January, since I’ve wanted to comment, but something usually stops me.

The Veteran Captain
    What a face, such a dour expression. Yeah he loooks loike
    he’s been through it and still capable of handling anything thrown his way. Great use of highlights and shadows.

Brown-and-Salmon-Portrait
    Not only a great portrain, but a kewl video to go with it.
    I see you use a smaller setting and peice together they eye showow just like doing makeup. I tend to be heavy handed and do ONE circle. Need to try your way even though it will take a little longer. Acutally you do the microwork on other places on the face as well where as I’ve been using bigger circles. Need to try your way.
    Do you often have the problem of 1×1 pixel is still too big like highlight on the lips? or that one space click it too high or too low and you can’t place it exactly where you want it in the detailed work?

Summoner
    Heh i’m sure she summons all sorts of guys (or girls) just by standing there and looking as she does heh.
    Great face as usual, but then that is your strength. Also a kewl outfit, and kewl glow from the eyes of the materializing skeletons. Heh a possible mate for Nekrotikus the necormancer.

Elf Woman Knight
    Great face and hair once again. Also a kewl armour with all the metal feathers look. Very kewl metal work hightlights/shadows.

Morphologist
    OK do we start with the word Morphologist. So much classier than Shapechanger. heh
    What a kewl pic, the colors, costume and detail, love how you blacked out the palm and just had the fingers visable.

Healing Words
    HAVE to love that collar, don’t think I would have ever thought to put it up like that. Great helm, face, armor,
    costume and glow effect. Gold, blue and white work very well here. Very serene yet powerful picture. You can hear a chorus of heavenly voicese singing “Ahhhhhhhhh” as the magic happens.

Feray
    Awesome face and costume as usual. The sharpness of the metal and spikes comtrasting with the softness of the skirt and skin. Love the copper colors.
    The sythe is almost a yin/yang symbol which is very kewl.
    Not to mention her refelction in the two blades.

Alien Battle Suit:
    Wow! The tech details on the suit is amazing. Boggles my mind. and kewl pose too. Colors work great. Fantastic metal work. Nice glowing bits.

Guild-Member
    Great out-of-the-darkness shot. Kewl pose. Great costume.

Rossus1
    Amazing! Wonderful work.The red and the gold sparks, the dark spots showing depth and hinting at sky behind, the glow on the rocks.

Valkyrie King
    Gerat pose, kewl look, somewhat rakish due to the beard,
    yet stern and feirce, and the blow glow from the sword
    highlighting everything is just wicked awesome!

Tarek
    Great desert gear and colors Love the look. One again great contrasting of the soft flowing clothing with the hardness of the leather and metal. The shading of course just adds all sort of realism to it. You deciuded your light sourse and highlighted and shaded wonderfully. Feirce!

Death Knight
    Scary looking as a Death Knight should be. great use of the electric blue in the rune cirlce, the electricity effect and hightlights.. Some is lost to my eyesight, but what I do pick up is awesome.

Mountaintops.
    Gorgeous. How did you do the double day moons?
    Love them even more than than great clouded moughtains.

Hooded Man
    Kewl portrait. Hard to belive it’s your first guy. I would make sure my wallet was safe and give him a wide berth LOL 😀
    Although he is cute under that hood and glases LOL/

Merman
    Wow! Talk about one scary butt ugly cuss. In a good way. LOL So many great elements that make him up, the use of the spider eyes up those horns, the blank eyes, that hhuge teethy mouth, clawed hands, shoulder spines, chest scars, the faded body/tail showing depth. But one thing that really caught my eye was the stress marks on the bar. That sucker is about to get free any moment.

Merman Version 2
    Awwww. You lost some of the immediatacy in this one I feel.
    the bars seem too thin, too wide. Seems like he could just come on through, the bars don’t do much.In the first pic it had a crampt look like he was effectively caged in, other than he could crush the bars, which had its own flavor of additional danger. IMOHO.

You do such amazing work.
    I can’t wait to see what you do next.

Candruth

@cliff I noticed you’ve made these awesome comments on other threads as well and just wanted to say I think it’s really great that you’re doing that. Thanks!

Do you often have the problem of 1×1 pixel is still too big like highlight on the lips? or that one space click it too high or too low and you can’t place it exactly where you want it in the detailed work?

My secret is that my portraits are blown up to, say, 600×600. That way you can get ridiculous amounts of detail with teeny tiny gradients (the ones inside the irises are 1×1). But, normally, yes. I do have trouble getting small enough highlights on regular characters. I finagle with eyes all the time because they’re usually uneven and don’t ever line up perfectly. That’s why I work on portraits in such big proportion, since you can get much finer control over that. As far as normal-sized characters? You pick your battles. xD

Nug
    Participant

My secret is that my portraits are blown up to, say, 600×600. That way you can get ridiculous amounts of detail with teeny tiny gradients (the ones inside the irises are 1×1). But, normally, yes. I do have trouble getting small enough highlights on regular characters. I finagle with eyes all the time because they’re usually uneven and don’t ever line up perfectly. That’s why I work on portraits in such big proportion, since you can get much finer control over that. As far as normal-sized characters? You pick your battles. xD

I recently came across Cliffs problem and used an eye whited out to add a highlight or two… since an eyes 100 x 100 base is already pretty small. It can get way smaller than a 1 x 1 gradient circle. I found myself wondering sometime earlier… Candruth… That  (and since you do)  if you blow it up to 600 X 600 and use the 1 x 1 gradient circle for a perfect fit…. Select all items and <b>then</b> shrink it down to 100 x 100 proportions… !?!?!? O.0   Rip in space/time continuum right?

JR19759
    Keymaster

I recently came across Cliffs problem and used an eye whited out to add a highlight or two… since an eyes 100 x 100 base is already pretty small. It can get way smaller than a 1 x 1 gradient circle. I found myself wondering sometime earlier… Candruth… That (and since you do) if you blow it up to 600 X 600 and use the 1 x 1 gradient circle for a perfect fit…. Select all items and <b>then</b> shrink it down to 100 x 100 proportions… !?!?!? O.0 Rip in space/time continuum right?

*HEAD EXPLOSION*

Candruth

I found myself wondering sometime earlier… Candruth… That (and since you do) if you blow it up to 600 X 600 and use the 1 x 1 gradient circle for a perfect fit…. Select all items and <b>then</b> shrink it down to 100 x 100 proportions… !?!?!? O.0 Rip in space/time continuum right?

brb

Edit: IT WORKS 😀

Nug
    Participant

She must can’t figure a way back out of the continuum.

Poor thing… Go up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, and then Start.

Candruth

I come bearing gifts. 😀

I finally finished the shading guide I’ve been struggling through! Hope it helps.

Here’s the high-quality final image for anyone interested.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Candruth

A couple landscapes–

City at Sunset:

Near Eclipse:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Beautiful.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Those are spectacular!

Candruth

Thanks to both of you!

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.