I’m still here

Hey folks, nothing major, but I just wanted you to know that Ye Olde Jeffe is still alive and kicking. The mods are doing a great job and I'm so happy you all are creating and having fun, but if there's anything you'd like to see us do more or less of please let me know.

I am also working on a Sooper Sekrit project that will hopefully pave the way for a HeroMachine 4 that is HTML-based instead of relying on Flash. Which is good, because Flash is, sadly, going to be pretty much non-existent at some point in the near future.

Anyway, thanks for being such a great community and keep on creating!

14 Responses to I’m still here

1. Brons Brons says:

My absolute biggest, #1 request is HTML5 and lose the Flash.

Other than that there are a number of annoying minor HM3 bugs that I didn’t want to annoy you with and if it slows down #1, then I don’t care a jot for them.

2. Avatar Herr D says:

Glad you’re around, Jeffers! uhh . . . we’ll be able to use our old files on the HTML version?

3. Avatar AFDStudios says:

Unclear at this time, Herr D. Still very much in the experimental phase.

4. CantDraw CantDraw says:

So does this mean it will be more accessible on mobile devices?

5. Avatar AFDStudios says:

CantDraw:
    So does this mean it will be more accessible on mobile devices?

Yes, that’s one of the main benefits for sure.

6. Avatar The Atomic Punk says:

I heard that Flash was on the outs because of security leaks. It’s a dual-edge sword if you’re a programmer. One side, you have job security. The other, you have to re-write the whole sha-blooey.

Glad to hear from you, Jeff. Looking forward to what’s next for HeroMachine.

7. ams ams says:

HEROMACHINE 4???? I’m just figuring out HM3……..

Good to hear from you, Jeff! Hope all is well and exciting to hear you are planning the future of our next guilty pleasure….

Still drawing? Wouldn’t hurt to get some pics going….?

Cheers!

8. CantDraw CantDraw says:

AFDStudios: Yes, that’s one of the main benefits for sure.

Cool! Also, if you could make them shoot real lasers and make the snosberries taste like snosberries, that would be grrrreeeeatt!

9. Vengeance Vengeance says:

glad TO HEAR FROM YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO hm3

10. Avatar Nick Hentschel says:

Good to hear from you again, Jeff.

The mention of “HM4” begs the question: will it be possible to import any of our other drawings 7 characters to the new program, if and when we can no longer use the flash-based HM3?

11. Drinkfluid Drinkfluid says:

Will it have an animator built in? Because I REALLY need that for my fanart.

12. Avatar Worf says:

Hey Jeff,
    Glad to hear from you. Awesome news about dumping flash.

@ams: If you’re just figuring out HM3, what hope do the rest of us have???

13. Avatar Nick Hentschel says:

Sorry: this question seems to have been answered already, in discussion with Herr D. I should have read more carefully.

Nick Hentschel:
    Good to hear from you again, Jeff.

14. Avatar James_McD says:

Hey Jeff I am glad your still working your magic at Hm Labs. what I would love to see in Hm4 is a 3d model where you can spin your hero around and ad more details