I'm skipping the Blank Caption Contest this week for a variety of uninteresting reasons, and instead want to run a more open-ended character design joint.
Your challenge this time out is to create a science-fiction version of a "standard" D&D style archetype. So you might do a "Sci-Fi Ranger" or "Sci-Fi Dwarf" or "Sci-Fi Sorcerer" or "Sci-Fi Mapper" or "Sci-Fi Kobold". It's up to you, but the goal is to translate something familiar from the fantasy genre into space. Like this guy:
The rules are the same as usual:
- All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, the UGO Forums, whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image cannot have been used in any previous HeroMachine character design contest;
- Please name your files as [your name]-[character name].[file extension]. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his "Bayou Belle" character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). If you see "preview" or "rotate" somewhere in the link you're probably doing it wrong.
- All entries must be in by next Monday, when I'll choose a winner.
The person with the winning entry as selected by our expert panel (i.e. me) will win their choice of a) a portrait to go in HeroMachine 3, b) an item to go in HeroMachine 3, or c) a custom black and white "Sketch of the Day" style drawing (also by me).
No limit again this week, knock yourselves out.
Good luck, everyone!