She's been one of our most enthusiastic and prolific creators, as well as being a helpful commenter and community participant. Thus it gives me great honor to present a little more information about Kaylin88100!
- Online name used in HeroMachine environs: Kaylin88100
- A photo (or drawing) of you in "real life": None.
- Real name: Heather
- Real city/state/country: England/UK
- Real job: Secondary school (high school) pupil
- Real age: 14
- Gender: Female
- Relationship status (married, single, in a long-term relationship, dating someone, "it's complicated", etc): Single. And staying that way for at least 4 years.
- Online archive of your creations: http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/Kaylin88100/
- The best piece of HeroMachine art you've created:
- Favorite all-time geeky movie if any: Lord of the Rings.
- Favorite all-time geeky book if any: None given.
- Favorite all-time geeky TV show if any: Doctor Who. Bow tie + fez = AWESOME!
- Favorite all-time comic book character if any: I know some people are going to be cross, but I don't really have one as I don't read comics much. Terrible, I know.
- If you could have one super-heroic power in real life, you'd choose: The power to split into two or more clones, so one can be doing my homework and going to school, while another reads a book, another watches endless replays of Doctor Who, Merlin, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, and another spends all her time on HeroMachine! That would be so cool! 🙂
- In your leisure time you like to: Read (a lot), go on HeroMachine and create characters, listen to music on Youtube, draw, play violin and piano, and go on random computer games. Oh yes, and at irregular intervals I go on Facebook.
- Character design turn-ons (things you love to see that make for a good design): If I look at something and I can't immediately see how it's been done or how I could replicate it. I like that as it means a lot of thought has gone into making it a work of art rather than just something to occupy ten minutes.
- Character design turn-offs (things you hate to see that make for a bad design): Little mistakes that could have been easily fixed, like hands being the wrong way round, etc. When I can see something I wouldn't have done or that ruins the picture, like having bright, eye-shattering colours that detract attention from the actual image.
- Best tip for a HeroMachine newbie: I've only recently stopped thinking of myself as a newbie, so I'm not really sure what to say for this. Just...don't be scared to post your creations on the forums, in Open Critique Days, and in contests. After all, what's the worst that can happen? We're all well behaved on here and won't just tell you it sucks (if it even does), we'll try and say how to make it better.
- Any personal message you'd like to share with the HeroMachine community about Geek Life: I want to share something that was on a wall poster in my primary school classroom four years ago. It's an acrostic poem about diversity.
I think this is a very good definition and the reason I want to share this is because I think it kind of sums up "Geek Life" in general, and the HeroMachine community in particular. The one unifying feature of HeroMachine users is the fact that we use HeroMachine. There are all different types and nationalities of people on here, and we all get along (most of the time). I think that's brilliant.
Kaylin88100, signing out.