Setting yourself up for failure

If you feel the need to wrap yourself up in bandages before heading into battle, the odds are good that you should not, in fact, be heading into battle at all:

Considering he had to add an eye patch, it would seem that advice was tragically too late for "Ammo". Oh well, at least if he gets shot in one of his pre-bandaged spots he can only see it with one eye. So that's nice.

(Hat tip to Myro for cluing me in to this guy.)

26 Responses to Setting yourself up for failure

1. Avatar Frevoli says:

Maybe he’s just part mummy

2. Avatar Dan says:

Wow. I love the Wesley Snipes from Demolition Man hair, too. Myro, where did this fool come from? He looks like either a Frank Miller character, or a one that’s trying really hard to look like a Frank Miller character.

3. Avatar Patriot_Missile says:

Okay, I know that Deathstroke keeps the eyepatch on because he feels like it (bionic eye, before the New 52)… but really, how’s that depth perception working?

4. Avatar Trekkie says:

Also, those bright blue boots with… Yellow socks? make him look sillier.

5. Avatar Watson Bradshaw says:

his self esteem is in the crapper, he probably shows up to a fight in his very own body bag!

6. Avatar Tarkabarka says:

Hmmm looks intresting. I don’t know to cry it or laugh it.

Dan (2)- Systematic browsing through the Marvel Comics Wiki Database. I’ve actually never seen this guy before, but if I recall, I think he’s a short-lived Daredevil villain from the
    late 80s.

Speaking of which, I should really climb back on the bad costume horse again, and see if I can hunt anything else down. Although it seems Jeff has been doing pretty good at finding stuff on his own lately. And he does have a bunch of stuff I sent out before still.

Dan has been great about sending me ideas as well, big props to him.

9. Avatar Kaylin88100 says:

Hmmm…any suitably BORED person want to have a shot at reproducing this guy on HM3? Looks like it would be fairly easy.

10. Avatar Kaylin88100 says:

Know what? I’m bored, so I’ll have a shot. Anyone else can do the same if they want. We can compare…

11. Avatar Joshua says:

Ah, I see Myro has found the concept art for the still languishing in development hell, “The Mummy IV: Imo-Step Off, Sucka”.

12. Avatar McKnight57 says:

Given that he doesn’t have his face wrapped in bandages, I think it might be fitting to call him the Anti-Hush or Reverse Hush.

13. Avatar Kaylin88100 says:

K guys, I finished making this guy in HM, but can’t show you cos Photobucket’s being a b*tch today πŸ™

14. Avatar Doornik1142 says:

I think those are supposed to be zebra stripes. Still looks ridiculous though.

15. Avatar MartianBlue says:

I vote for a name change, “Carcase”, am I right? anyone? *crickets* anyone at all?

16. Avatar MartianBlue says:

I’ve got an idea, Jeff how about for a different type of contest, you post a bad hero outfit, then we have to come up with a story concept to “try” to make him seem cool? Very challenging.

For example (remember I said “try”). This guy could be “The Plains Drifter”, a half american indian, half egyptian, with supernatural wrappings achieved through a very sacred art that allows him to traverse the land of the dead. The more wrapping he has the deeper in he goes, but the harder it is for him to return.

17. Avatar punkjay says:

God he wears bandages AND and an afro-mullet, what a tool!

18. Avatar Tim K. says:

I was pretty sure that was supposed to be “tiger stripes” on white cloth.

19. Avatar EnderX says:

Stripes is what it looks like to me as well, although that brings up another question. He doesn’t appear to be wearing a shirt under the vest, so what’s the deal with the legwarmers on the arms?

20. Avatar Frankie says:

This is actually T.P. Barnum. Dressed as a go-go dancing cop, he travels from town to town, ringing door bells and demanding gold, jewels and such. If they don’t give him what he wants, he t.p.’s their house with his endless supply of toilet paper which he gained during his duties of war in the number two dimension.

21. Avatar Kim Foster says:

Huh, I’ve seen this character before. I assumed it was zebra patterned tights not bandages but I guess it could be.

Good idea, Martian Blue! I’ve been trying to think of a good “writing” contest for a while now and that’s pretty nifty.

Kim, I try never to let reality get in the way of a good joke.

24. Avatar Dan says:

Ok, did a little research, and he was created by John Romita Jr and Ann Nocenti in Daredevil #252 from 1988. So it looks like he was indeed an Wanna-be Miller type character. We spend a lot of bad costume time in the 90’s, but I think we need to start going back to the 80’s, for more jems like this fella.

25. Avatar McKnight57 says:

Speaking of writing, I’m in charge of writing three reviews per week of that weeks DCnU titles for my college newspaper. Here is the link to the reviews: http://otterrealm.net/articles/Reviews

26. Avatar EXILE says:

In the words of the noble AVGN: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!