HM3: Itempalooza

We're very lucky to have the indefatigable dblade drawing items for use in HeroMachine 3, and getting them to me in a format that's super easy to import. I've had quite the backlog of submissions from him waiting in the wings for a long while, and am happy to finally get them posted.

This also marks the debut of new contributor Zachary Hamilton, who provided the neat "Blades of Chaos" you see towards the bottom of the sample image.

From top-right to bottom-left, you can find these items in Male/Female-FantasyArmor; Tops-Female-Coats; Shoulder-Right; Tops-Male/Female-Coats; Foot-Right; Item-Right-BladesTwo; and Body-Zombies.

Be sure to thank dblade and Zachary in the comments! I did have to redraw the coats to fit on the female form, which is what took most of the day, otherwise they'd have been up very quickly.

Next, on to the Replacement Prize list!

47 Responses to HM3: Itempalooza

1. Avatar Nick Hentschel says:

Thanks, guys: this is what we should ALL be doing.

(Now, if I could just learn to do this myself…..)

2. Avatar Erez says:

wow…thank you, I think i’m about to cry…you guys.

3. Avatar Panner says:

Oh man, this is great! Too bad I need to get up early tomorrow, or I’d be busy for a while!

However, I can’t get the full dagger to work (blade + handle). Time for cache clearing or is it not just me?

4. Avatar dblade says:

Awesome work on the Blades of Chaos, Zachary! And welcome to Hebert’s Apprentice Creator’s Klub (H.A.C.K.)! Although I can’t hope to achieve half the awesomeness that Jeff provides, I study and learn what I can from the Master.

@Jeff: The female versions of the jackets look awesome! I’m sorry that you had to take the time to convert them. I’m hoping the files I provide aren’t too troublesome for this endeavor.

Also I will have to look up “indefatigable”. I hope it means “awesomely bald badass”! 🙂

5. Avatar Nick Hentschel says:

Thanks to EVERYBODY for contributing! (I really need to learn how to do this myself……)

6. Avatar TOOL says:

Holy Coconuts, Awesome!

7. Avatar TOOL says:

Ok I just looked and none of the items are there?

8. Avatar CKnap says:

Awsome job guys, keep up the good work!

Panner: Thanks for the catch, I had the export name wrong. I fixed it and re-uploaded it, should be fine now.

All: As with every time an update is made, if you don’t see the items it’s 99% sure the problem is your browser is still caching the old version of the file. Clear your browser cache and it ought to work. If it doesn’t (the other 1% of the time), it’s because your ISP has a cached version of the page on its server. You won’t be able to see it in that case till your ISP’s server reloads the page. In other words, you’ll just have to wait. But — again, as always, in every case I do this — clear your cache if you don’t see the items.

10. Avatar dblade says:

@TOOL: I checked and all the items were there. One trick I do when the refresh button doesn’t work immediatelyis I load a previously made character. For some reason this always seems to get the new updates loaded. Could be a crazy coincidence but I swear it’s worked for me in the past.

11. Avatar TOOL says:

Ok, well I will clear cache and refresh and wait and see. Thanks

12. Avatar Nick Hentschel says:

Sorry for the double post, everyone: the site seemed to have deleted me, at first.

13. Avatar TOOL says:

@Jeff, How does a person make something on their own and add it to HM?

14. Avatar Zach says:

Awesome! I’m glad you like it, I’m working on the Blades of Athena and Exile right now and I hope I can get it in before the next update!

15. ams ams says:

Beautiful job guys! These new items are KICK-ASS!!! Thanks Dblade, Zachary and Dungeon Master Jeff!

D-blade, “indefatigable” means “AWEXSOMELY bald badass”!

16. Avatar Jessica says:

Awesome job, guys! Excellent work!

17. D D says:

@ Dblade and ams: Indefatigable means untiring, not awesome

18. Avatar Sean from Edwards says:

I love those jackets, they would make great sci-fi uniforms

Woot! It’s like Christmas time at HeroMachine. Thanks guys.

Thanks for the link, Worf.

21. Avatar Arioch says:

Thank you very much, guys.

This is really great 🙂

22. Oh, this is so much love! That Mr. Hebert not only invites contributions, they are integrated into the program. It really keeps getting better. Folks, don’t stop! This is an amazing place for creativity, originality, and discussion.

Mind if I break into song… KC and the Sunshine Band… Keep it coming, Love… coming, Love… don’t stop it, now… don’t stop it, now… Actually, I’m listening to The Motels right now… One summer never ends, one summer never begins… it keeps me standing still… it takes all of my will… then suddenly… last summer…

23. Avatar Worf says:

@Jeff(21): No problem. That’s what the Klingon Information Services are here for. 😉

24. Avatar Trekkie says:

Wow, so many new items! Thanks guys!

25. Avatar spidercow2010 says:

Hmm. I may be opening a bigger can of worms here than I think I am, but this vector-based graphics thing sounds intriguing. Where would I begin? Is there software out there that’s a better option than, say, Flash? Is there hardware I’d be well-advised to get? I don’t see myself using it for much other than HM, really, so I’m not looking for any higher levels of complexity, e.g., animation or 3D or whatnot. Or am I being presumptuous that I can just waltz in and start following in the footsteps of dblade, Zyp or Zachary?
    Oh, and Atomic Punk? Please, just avoid show tunes…

26. ams ams says:

@ Jeff – Any chance to get the forearm sections of the male and female short coat with shoulder pads added as a separate item? They have a unique look with the zipper and shape of the cuff.

27. Avatar Paul says:

Jeff,

Are you planning to bring over the storm trooper helmet form HM2?

ams: Doubtful.

spidecow2010: You don’t need a super duper beefy system to run most of these programs for what we do. Adobe Illustrator is more or less the gold standard for vector illustration, but it’s pricy. The free vector art program out there is Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/ ) but I haven’t personally used it so I can’t say too much about it.

Paul: No. I decided it was just too close to an actual storm trooper helmet to avoid legal problems, so I’m leaving it out.

29. Avatar P.F. Bruns says:

Zachary, great job! Thank you for adding more cool items to HeroMachine.

30. Avatar dblade says:

Now I have to start bundling everything else up for submission. Should be mostly gender-free items so hopefully less work on Jeff’s part.

Go Team Venture!

31. Avatar Watson Bradshaw says:

hey Jeff, I don’t recall if you got my requested prize for winning the caption contest 104, I know you are busy adding new and awesome stuff to the site but I just wanted to check 🙂

Watson, I don’t think I did … Can you resend it or post it here?

33. Avatar Watson Bradshaw says:

sure thing, I wanted a Tardis Control Console for backgrounds or if there was a funky thing with rights issues, a sci-fi style cockpit control panel to add to backgrounds.

examples: [link deleted due to extreme grossosity that I will never ever ever scrub from my brain. EEEWWWW! — Jeff]

34. Avatar TOOL says:

@34 Watson, thats gross!

35. Avatar Erez says:

watson, check your link “control.jpg” it sent me to the most desturbing picture ever…

OK, that was disgusting. Link removed, but I can never ever remove it from my brain. I CANNOT UNSEE WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN, AAAAGGGHHH!!

37. Avatar Erez says:

thank you Jeff I think I’ll be having nightmeres about this for a very long time…

38. Avatar Vampyrist says:

AHHHHH! Why would that link ever lead to that image. How does a Tardis console connect to what ever the hell that was. My eyes are unclean. UNCLEAN!!!!!

Gah!

Thanks for deleting it, however, the weirdest thing happened when I reclicked the link about an hour ago. It actually linked to the console and not the Brain Bleach-required image. I wonder how in all that is Whovian that link got there.

Sooooo, I missed something interesting. Not good, but interesting…

40. Avatar Erez says:

Myro (41) trust me you didn’t!!!

41. Avatar Tax says:

The coat is great and was absolutely needed. Is there any chance to get it more modular? i.e. a version without the collar?

42. Avatar McKnight57 says:

Here’s my use of the 2-part duster coat to re-create the look of Jim Lee’s WildC.A.T.s character, Grifter (Cole Cash.)

43. Avatar McKnight57 says:

My bad, forgot the gloves on that last one.

44. ams ams says:

Nice Grifter, McKnight57, You need to look at the mask again. You forgot the designs around the eyes.

45. Avatar McKnight57 says:

Ok, ams (46): how’s this one?
    Best I could really do with the available resources.