I'm taking a break from the "Greatest Ever" series of questions this week for some good old-fashioned butt whooping:
Discussion to follow!
- Yaujta Prime (Predator homeworld): Wolverine Vs. Predators. I feel certain this has been done before (probably many times) but it would be neat to see him on their home world, trying to stay alive long enough to figure out how to get back to Earth. Or maybe he'd just take over.
- Warworld: The planet where Superman was tested to his limits. This would be the most Planet Hulk type of story, I'd think -- gladiator style combat, a bid to destroy the game masters, all good stuff.
- Thanagar: On one hand, Hawkman is kind of lame. On the other hand, a whole planet full of cops ... and Wolverine. Could be fun.
- Tarnax IV (Skrull homeworld): This would be a tough one; I don't think even Logan could hack his way through an entire planet of Skrulls.
- Galador (ROM the Space Knight): Mostly I want to see ROM the Space Night and his Laser Mittens get shredded. And admit it, so do you.
- The Death Star: "I sense a disturbance in the Force" inDEED!
- Bizarro World: The only scenario where Logan would have to use his wits instead of his claws. Nothing says "Pulse pounding excitement" like watching Wolverine think his way out of a situation.
- Barsoom (Burroughs' Mars): I like this one, sort of an old-school adventure scenario featuring primal Logan struggling for supremacy just like John Carter did. Only with claws. And a mutant healing factor. OK, so if a regular dude from Virginia was able to do it, maybe it wouldn't be much of a challenge for the Mightiest Midget Mutant.
- Asgard: I'd like to see Wolverine lop off those ridiculously huge curling horns of Loki's one swipe at a time. Seriously, it might be kind of cool to see if Logan could fight his way through frost giants and other menacing Norse baddies to achieve a sort of godhood.
- Apokolips: A whole planet full of evil, sadistic people wielding evil, sadistic weapons. Talk about a target-rich environment!
I honestly think all of those would be pretty fun, but the one I'd personally most like to read would probably be Wolverine Vs. Apokolips. They're all so bad, and yet powerful enough to put up a whole raft of good fights. And I'd like to see the final confrontation between Darkseid and Wolverine.
What about you, what would you like to see?
(Image by Bloodmarionette.)