(From "Bulletman" number 15, 1946.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Wow, I guess that “unhealthy diet from the 50’s” cutaway gag in last week’s Famiy Guy was closer to the truth than I thought…
Hell yeah butter’s a food group! Here in the south we eat anything that will clog our arteries! We eat lard! Sometimes we take a hunk of lard, dip it in batter, and deep-fat fry it and eat it! Yeah, we call it “lard on a stick” and we love it! I’m kidding about the lard on a stick, but we in the south do love our deep-fat fried foods.
Danny, you only THINK you’re kidding. We had Deep Fried Butter at the Texas State Fair this year. No lie.
Let me wrap my mind around this epiphany, for this is as monumental as Moses speaking with GOD, with the atom being split asunder, with BulletMan…and now: deep-fried butter? “The South”, what culinary miracle will you bestow on an unsuspecting world next?! Our mouths aren’t worthy, you do understand this…
@Jeff: I saw a segment of a show on Food Network ( I think it was called “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”) about a restaraunt which serves deep fried bacon! Strips of bacon are wrapped together, dipped in batter, and deep fried. It looked delicious!
Wow, I think I felt my arteries clog up just reading this thread…
And this chart appeared in . . . where else? . . . Bulletman! Seems strangely appropriate, doesn’t it?
Europe isn’t starving!
Ok, maybe a little hungry…
@Hakoon1: I would disagree with you except… well, I am hungry :D.
Hakoon1, remember that this was just after the war. The crews to all the Nazi Ninja Tanks had obviously taken away everyone’s food by that point.
Oh Noes! Not the Ninja tanks!
actually guys there is such a thing as Chicken Fred Bacon.
Just wanted to let you know that Danny’s right.
No suggestion of rice in group six, much too Japanese to be considered a real food for starving Europeans.
@Loki #13: Poor Fred…
My mom and uncles used to have lard sandwiches growing up on the farm. Sounds discgusting really. They used to also eat fresh white snow with salt on it!
What the human mind can conceive of . . .