I’d like to credit commenter Fabien for alerting me some time ago to the horror that is Razorback’s costume:
I’m going to bet that Razorback’s origin involves having been the University of Arkansas’ mascot when he acquired his powers. That or he really, really loves the smell of bacon. Even if that’s true, though, I honestly can’t imagine anyone would come up with this on purpose without there being some sort of bet or dare involved. I’d love to see the checklist he came up with while brainstorming what he’d use for his super-
villainous heroic exploits:
- Basic body suit: check.
- Belt with lots of nifty pouches for carrying keys, wallet, bottle opener, etc: check.
- Cool roll-up gloves and matching tie-across boots: check
- Headgear of some sort of giant animal that makes me top-heavy and likely to topple over: check.
- And whose mouth doesn’t match where my mouth is: check.
- And whose nose completely obscures my vision: check.
The odds are pretty good here that whatever else Razorback does or does not have in his super powered arsenal, he’s planning on doing a lot of head-butting. A lot of that probably went on even before he got his super powers, which is likely the best explanation for how he came up with this ensemble.
In any event, Razorback truly deserves a place in the all-time Bad Super Costume Hall of Shame.