Note, February 1, 2008: This contest is over, so comments on this post have been disabled.
I am pleased to announced the first ever HeroMachine Custom Character Portrait Contest! The winner will receive a free custom, hand-drawn digital illustration of their character by me, Jeff Hebert, professional illustrator and bald guy. Here’s how it works:
- Send in your HeroMachine character either via the HeroMachine.com Contact Form; via direct email (firstname.lastname@example.org); or as a comment to this post. You can attach your character either as a JPG/GIF/PNG or as just the HeroMachine save string, whichever you prefer. If your HeroMachine image is already posted elsewhere (i.e. on the UGO forums), just send in the link to your artwork.
- You can use any HeroMachine version you like.
- No more than three submissions per person.
- In two weeks, on January 21, I will select from the submitted entries the five I think show the most creativity and originality. I will publish those three submissions here on HeroMachine.com, and create a poll so visitors can vote for their favorite.
- The entry with the most votes as of midnight Central time on January 27 will be declared the winner, with the announcement to be made on the morning of Monday, January 28.
- The winning entry will receive a custom digital illustration of the winning character (meaning on the computer only, not a physical drawing), with input from the creator. The completed illustration will be displayed on HeroMachine.com, but the artwork will belong to the winner to use as they see fit otherwise.
The final artwork will be created by me, Jeff Hebert, original HeroMachine artist whose work has been published in numerous super-hero gaming supplements and magazines. This is a real custom illustration just like those that would cost you hundreds of dollars at a convention or via an artist’s commission.
So get busy with the HeroMachine and let your imagination run wild!