Word Association Game

Home Forums The Pub Word Association Threads Word Association Game

Viewing 15 posts - 1,801 through 1,815 (of 6,981 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Paris (There are several treaty of Paris’s , including the ones that ended the French-Indian war and the Revolutionary War, almost twenty years apart)

JR19759
    Keymaster

France (Vampyrist, I’m impressed. I consider myself a bit of a history buff but I was completely unaware of the French-Indian war, unless it is known by a different name here in the UK.)

Hammerknight
    Participant

Connection. (England was very involved in the French and Indian war)

Myro
    Participant

Rainbow (The Muppet Movie ruled. Also, pretty familiar with the French-Indian War, as it figures in pre-Confederation Canadian history, but playing Assassin’s Creed III, and having to play a key role in Braddock’s defeat at the Battle of the Monongahela was pretty interesting, if not entirely historically accurate)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sky (Thing is we as a nation have had so many wars with the French, we have a hard time remembering which is which. We also fought the French over North America and then later over India, that’s probably what is confusing me. I assume the war you are talking about is the seven year war between British and French colonists in the Northern American states and Canada, amongst the rest of the wars we where fighting at the time.)

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Rim (This discussion is getting interesting…)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Bowl (Yeah, I never thought when I joined the forums the last two big discussions I would be involved in would be on the relative merits of Charles Dickens compared with Shakespeare and the Seven Year’s/ French-Indian War.)

Trekkie
    Participant

Super (This is certainly the first I’ve heard of the French-Indian War. I do’t think it was mentioned in any of the Horrible Histories book I read when I was 10.)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Hero (Did you read the Barmy British Empire I think it might have been mentioned in passing in there. It was definitely mentioned in the magazines they produced, when they covered the American War Of Independence. I loved Horrible Histories when I was younger, I still occasionally watch the CBBC show, it’s the only decent thing on there now.)

Vampyrist
    Participant

Protagonist ( It is the seven years war, just the north American side of it. The F-I war is actually very misleading as it was the french and most of the Indians against the british. It is the reason why the seven years war is considered the first worldwide war, as it took place on two continents. It was the cost of the war which resulted in the tea acts which was actually pretty small and better for the colonists, stamp acts, Townsend duties, and eventually to the revolution, so essentially it was the first domino leading to the USA. History has always interested me, and it helps that I’m currently in us history. Seriously, it is ridiculous how many treat of paris’s there are. Also it is interesting how the one word at a time thread is producing the most discussion.)

WillyPete
    Participant

Antagonist!

Myro
    Participant

Enemy

Dionne Jinn

Ally

Trekkie
    Participant

Alley

Vampyrist
    Participant

Back

Viewing 15 posts - 1,801 through 1,815 (of 6,981 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.