Herr D's CFLs

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Herr D's CFLs

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 639 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

The character of Mirage, by CDC std, was a nightmare projector. Spiders are a common phobia, and she was humanoid but alien. I figure occasionally she bashes somebody with a club right through what they see.
    Here she is shown about to cave in the skull of someone frozen in fear.

*On a side note, I essentially have to sell my idea to my loved ones before they have sympathy (or interest) enough to help me have time to work on entries in contests. Normally I only concoct the backstory on completion. I might still be entering fewer contests for a while, as IRL is exploding yet again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Herr D
    Participant

I am very sorry I couldn’t spend more time on this one. I won’t have any more time to work on it, so here it is.

“Babyface,” as it happens, translates badly into common alien languages. To many spacefaring races, it can only mean ‘face that resembles fresh egg and egg-gel deposit without nesting material or evidence of hatching.’ Here, ‘Babyface MulDoon’ is charging Tommy.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Out of time again. For CDC Phaedra:

Phaedra, AKA Doral Em’Lan is an unusually robust specimen of Aelurian. Large and freakishly strong, agile, and fast for her size, she also has the rarest trait of all their best hunters. With each of her two non-nightvision eyes, she ranges more into the ultraviolet and infrared than most. Aelurians typically have necks that can turn 150 degrees in any direction, allowing their concave faces unusual sensory range. Though they don’t look catlike at first, their fur, balance, acrophilia, whiskers, nightvision, and hatred of water, not to mention their diet, categorizes them as feline, while skeletally humanoid excepting the feet, teeth, and claws. Aelurians are uncommon for their tusks and mouths being mid-torso.

Phaedra’s shame is that she USED to be so instinctively obedient to her leader that she instantly flung herself from a palace window on her command. It was the close of a festival, and her leader was very drunk. A passing streetsweeper had collected just enough decorative material to cushion her landing.

“Saved by city glitter!”

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Hope you are all safe and healthy in your dimension!

Cheers!

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you ams! No cross-dimensional carriers as yet.

The Invidians Logo: Invidia liked the poison tongue and the double pupil of ancient legend. She only ever liked one hero comic–the Incredibles. She took the lower case ‘i’ and the two anatomical features, declaring that in HER team, there were at least four times the importance of ‘i.’

The Protectorate Logo: Several members took offense at calling themselves ‘Star Police’ or ‘Starmen’ or ‘UpStars.’

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Moderator?

Just a Wip: Please delete this post? I don’t want it anymore

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

There’s a reason why cloning humans remains illegal. Not the least of which is that “Dr. Fax” showed how poor results could still be grandly disastrous. Told to wear cutoffs, many of them cut ONE leg off of their good jeans instead of putting on their cutoffs. Despite not having enough coordination to put on a shirt or buckle a belt, some of them managed to learn a granny knot. None of them could bend to put shoes on without snapping their spines. Their skin was pretty bad, due to shortcuts in their mummy-style wrappings during skin fastening. Not to be outdone by their low quality, “Dr. Fax” sold the clones in the 7800 and 7900 group to a terrorist group. He warned his client of their limitations.

Not to be outdone at the clones total failure to learn to aim a gun FORWARD, the group gave them all lit dynamite and told the only command they could follow besides ‘eat.’ That command was ‘run.’

Casualties were kept to a minimum by sheer dumb luck and the fact that anyone not slamming a door between themselves and the ill-fated clones tended to scream out ‘RUN!’ This generally caused them to run in the opposite direction, and so the parking garage where they were released was the only structure completely destroyed. It was also successfully evacuated in the panic.

23 dead, 3518 injured, less than 200 critically.

*Lackey contest winner.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Guk can set a pike to kill the horse, kill the rider with his helm, and snap the archer on the horse behind at once. His padded armor is ice fox, his helm is bronze, and his hide armor is this peculiar green leather gifted him by St. George’s party.

Attachments:

Fantastic contrast of color, really love that pose too, dude!

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you, Blastm. I think I screwed up foreshortening the poleaxe, but the rest is okay.

Oll is one of the whackiest, smackiest pachyderms ever to be knighted by King N’Oaf Argett The Freight. They hadn’t much bronze plate and mail armor to better the burlap-padded bodkins and wooden sandals. They only had holy staffs and shields. But they won the Crushdays, every battle against the R.O.U.S.’s of Bandicoot. And they brought back holy treasure by the trunkful.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Crikes are blind, blue, mostly reptilian, and completely mean. At about two metric tons each, they can run (stampede) almost as fast in any direction. They do not bother to turn most of the time. They just change course. Their dominant limb is their upper appendage. It will grasp any hard object firmly with its two thumblike digits and use it to smash anything it finds. It will then squat upon it and taste it if it is hungry. It is omnivorous and has a surprisingly simple digestive system. Rather than an alimentary canal, it has a system of envelop, absorb, and release. One orifice, rapid transfer. With a high resistance to poison and disease, it doesn’t have a care in the world except for smashing more of whatever it finds.

An image of one was actually seen by a young human. The human was pre-verbal, enthusiastic, and from a place called Australia. The unsanctioned visitor who showed it to the young Earthling was later punished for showing the human the image and telling its name. It is 90% certain that the Earthling had no memory of the event whatsoever.

Attachments:

speedforce117
    Participant

I love the originality of all your designs, extremely unique and sometimes surreal.

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you, SpeedF.
    The Uncloven: used horseshoes are great weapons . . .
    The Uncloven was more hood than robbin’. He could throw horseshoes with accuracy, use them as brass knuckle equivalents, tie them onto ropes as crude grappling hooks or weighted rope weapons, and even use Mage Hand to drop them onto an opponent’s head.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Smya was the first mage to enter the war. She was quite a sight, charging on the reed tops while preparing a spell and drawing from her sky-scabbard.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 639 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.