Reply To: ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest…… Reply To: ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Herr D
Participant

Backstory score: ………………..G4……K4

Bkgd score:…………………………G2…..K4

Item HORIZ POCKET TOP:..G5…….K5

Item SASH POCKET TOP: ….G5……K3

Item ARM GUARD TOP: ……G5…….K2

Bells: ………………….G2…….K4

Whistles: …………….G2……..K2

Items-story:…………G5……..K4

Emotional:…………..G4…….K4

Two good entries. Geno and Keric both did well. Scoring went as follows:

Neither entry had a blurb, per se, but both of them had enough story content obvious and present, that they both got a high score for backstory. Geno did a minimalist background, but I had to give him double credit on the notion that austerity made sense. Keric obviously put some work in and positioned the background pieces in a good way–in my opinion, it seems to indicate the room and it’s occupants are there by situation and not design (evocative.)

For emotional content, both pieces were very successful overall, and Keric probably would have scored as high there if a blurb had explained the garment choices. Both pieces ‘talked’ about characters, events, and situations not shown within the pictures.

In the Bells and Whistles category, neither entrant did highlighting, shading, or shadows, but both did expressive hand-positioning. Geno’s lighting effects were good. Keric scored higher there because he did a lot more contextual and story-suggestive positioning.

Now for the items: Keric’s top as a planter was great. Arm guards as shin guards was fair. The sash top scored higher than fair because it was obviously work to make it fit as well as it did.

Geno’s item choices were all great. I don’t think I’ve seen a mech plant here on heromachine.

Geno 34, Keric 32.

Great work, guys! Geno, pick your 3!