Valyndril’s heroes

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Valyndril’s heroes

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Timedrop23
    Participant

Your shading and custom faces are incredible.

Valyndril
    Participant

Hello! I wanted to show you what I’m working on right now. Both pictures are not finished yet. I usually do the layout and the basic colors first, then add the shading. I wanted to try CantDraw’s shading process, so the basic colors will probably change for darker ones. If you haven’t seen his tutorial yet, I highly recommend it! http://www.heromachine.com/forum/tips-tricks-how-tos-and-guides/cantdraws-coloring-tutorial-part-1/#p42787

The first one is a OC. She’s a hacker usually living in small apartments or hotel room. Here she is in her temporary room, surrounded by her mess, working on a gadget to relax.
    F5.jpg

The other one is…well no one in particular I was inspired by a contest some week back that I saw to late to participate but that still interested me. I’ll let you guess what it is :P
    Dryad-1.jpg

Keep in mind that those 2 are WIP I’ll post them finished as I get around to do it. I’m working too on the thread started by Hammerknight about making oneself as a knight, and I’m very excited to draw myself as one…self portrait is hard to make, I think, but its fun, nonetheless.
    I’ll post the link when I’ll be finished with it.

Comments? Questions? I always enjoy constructive criticism, it helps me get better!
    Cheers!

CantDraw
    Participant

Looking good so far!

Herr D
    Participant

That dryad looks very promising. I would suggest that your innkeeper should probably have his left arm slightly backlit from the hearth. A small fire would be going in an inn’s fireplace even on a hot day in most climates. One yellow or orange spherical gradient would be enough.

Doing myself as an actual knight proved to be impossible. I had to do something analogous on my own thread with lots of text. Looking forward to yours.

ams
    Participant

Great foundations for both images. I’d like to see the hacker with some tattoos.

Lookin’ forward to seeing the finished products.

Suleman
    Participant

I am really, really digging the Orphans and the Forsaken. Excellent work! Amazing work with the colors and the shading.

Delirious AL
    Participant

Dude. Kickin’ stuff!  😀

Your attention to the fine details is nuTz! With a capital T!

Valyndril
    Participant

Hi!

Have been really busy these last months, but I’ve finally been able to finish a picture! She doesn’t have a name, just a title. She is the Prophetess of the Moon. In my original campaign setting, she is one of the two leader of a society based on the worship of the Moon and the Sun. I will eventually do her counterpart, when I’ve thought about the general feeling I want to give to his portrait.

Thank you for your comments! And ams: The hacker will have tattoos 🙂 a lot of them!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viper
    Participant

That is a gorgeous pic.

Nug
    Participant

What Viper said! Lots and lots of little details that draw your eyes all over the place! Very nice!

Stulte
    Participant

I absolutely adore the lighting!

Mr.Nobody
    Participant

May I ask what part(s) you used to make the rain in “I Will Protect You” ?

Valyndril
    Participant

Hey all! It’s been a while, I know! University’s keeping me busy. On a stressfull day I came back to HM and got inspired by the contest so, here’s my entry for Savage Beauty! ^-^

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Hello stranger. You’ve been gone too long, it’s good to have you back. Hope uni is going well for you.

Love the make up on Savage.

Valyndril
    Participant

Hi JR! It certainly has been a while! Uni’s going well although it’s very demanding of my time and mind! I think I’ll hang around for some time, art is very helpful to get rid of stress. Lot’s of nice pieces here since my last visit!

Love the make up on Savage.

:

Thanks! I love when makeup artist mix trashy or savage looks with excessive luxury, I find the contrast pleasing.

I’ll try to answer the questions I haven’t seen, even if they’ve been posted for over a year (sorry guys):

May I ask what part(s) you used to make the rain in “I Will Protect You” ?

: I used a spoted floor part if I remember correctly. I put the opacity of the lines and of the floor’s background to 0, keeping only the spots somewhere around 30% opacity.

I absolutely adore the lighting!

: Thanks! I wanted her to have a silvery look, to make it feel as if she’s emitting the moon’s light.

Viper and Nug: Thank you!^-^It’s appreciated!

Thank you all for your nice comments, and I’ll try to finish the hacker and the dryad sometime soon!

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.