Valyndril’s heroes

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Valyndril’s heroes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Valyndril
    Participant

Hello! Thank you all for the nice comments ^-^ Here is a piece I’ve made a while back. It was the first time I used the “fading circle” to make light and shadow. I got the idea to make grass from hair from the picture with the elven girl and the bird on the hero machine banner (sorry dont know who made it :s ) And Stulte, feel free to steal my tricks! :p

The Forsaken
    Original character in a custom campaign setting
    The-Forsaken.jpg

Don’t hesitate to leave comments or questions!
    Good day! (or night)
    Valyndril

JR19759
    Keymaster

How long did you say you’d been using heromachine? Because there are people on here who have been creating for ages who aren’t half as good as you (I’d include myself in that category).

djuby
    Participant

Stunning work!

Stulte
    Participant

That was you first time using that shading technique!? Damn, you’re putting us all to shame, here.

@Valyndril said:Stulte, feel free to steal my tricks! :p

Done and done!

ams
    Participant

Is that you…..Zyp?

Valyndril
    Participant

I’ve been using HM3 for around 2 years, maybe little more, but the first time I’ve shaded was 1 year ago. I was mistaken though, the first time I shaded was with Sheleigh, but the first time I shaded the hair and skin was with The Forsaken. With The Forsaken I was looking for a challenge: a weird pose and trying to make metal look a little bit more…metallic. By mistake I faded the line art on certain pieces of equipment and realized then that it gave it a shinier look, more reflective-like. So if I could make metal look shinier why not the hair? Because the pose made the character bigger I could give it more detail, and now I mostly always enlarge the characters.
    I like to try out new things on every picture, and when it works I use that trick on the next. As for the trees for shading and dirt, I’ve used it the first time with “I will protect you” when I saw the newly added trees. I wanted a gritty look and couldn’t get it with smooth circle. For the rain I tried a floor pattern and it worked.
    Apart from the faded circle that gave shading, the other thing that changed my style, was when I realized that lines are lines, meaning that, depending on how you place something it can look completely differently than the original angle. And the fact that my computer can easily handle 500 layers helps a lot too :P
    And no, I’m not Zyp :)

I’m happy that you like my heromachine-made art and I’ll be happy to answer any other questions!
    Valyndril

CantDraw
    Participant

I’m super impressed with your style, especially your attention to detail, and look forward to seeing more. By the way, I like to use that same floor pattern for flames.

ams
    Participant

No disrespect intended on thinking you might be Zyp returning to the fold. Your pics are truly inspiring and ground breaking. You use the items with great precision and imagination that result in some truly remarkable effects. You just don’t create and image, you tell a story. Really looking forward to see what your next masterpiece will be.

Cheers!

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Very nice stuff! You’ve made quite a first impression. I second ams’s thoughts of a Zyp revival, but you’ve got a bit of a more frenetic style, all these items and colors and shapes and shades that don’t seem like they go together but all blend beautifully under your direction. Great work!

Valyndril
    Participant

Hello!
    I want to start by thanking you for character of the week and hall of fame ^-^
    Here is a new picture I recently finished after a long time being forgotten. How to explain it?… in a d&d custom campaign setting I’ve created with my boyfriend, there’s a small city of necromancers that just want to live accepted amongs others, and not needing to be hidden. So the following represent an inn own by one vampire (with explains his paleness) and his sister. Its a moment before the inn is actually open, but make yourself comfortable we’ll be open for business soon!

“Welcome!”
    Original characters from a custom campaign setting.
    Welcome.jpg

As always, comments and questions are appreciated!
    (AMS: I actually take it as a compliment, I’ve just saw what Zyp made, its pretty awsome, so thank you!)

Cheers,
    Valyndril

Jeimuzu
    Participant

So lovely. I really like the way you handle skin tone on your characters and her hair looks gorgeous.

JR19759
    Keymaster

As Jei commented on the skin and hair, I shall comment on the clothing, as that’s what caught my eye the most. In particular, I really like the subtle shading on the girls skirt, it blends so softly into the base item it almost gives the impression of really fabric. I also really like the shading on the jewel of the vampires necklace (although I would have gone for a slightly softer red shading rather than the white that you have, but, hey, it’s your art).
    And as for the character of the week, you deserve it, your art is awesome. To be honest, I was originally going to put Post Apocalyptic Children as COTW, but as it was part of a current contest, I sort of couldn’t.

ams
    Participant

Great pic and….surprise…… your Canadian. Haven’t seen a Quebecer on the site yet.

Cheers!

Demacre
    Participant

I am touched how much you enjoy my campaign setting. You put so much effort into representing the characters in it, I am flattered.

Carry on!

Valyndril
    Participant

Hello all!
    It’s been a while but I’m working on 2 other pieces. Thank you for the comments, I will try to incorporate these in my new pics. Here is my entry for the Indelible contest. It’s about a priestress who tried to remove tainting from a demon. Now, as she was succesful in this endeavour, she is stuck with it for the rest of her life. As always comments are appreciated!

Indelible Taint
    Valyndril-Indelible-Taint.jpg

Thank you,
    Cheers!
    Valyndril

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.