Storing Text

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

I have a question. I’ve been saving my text as .odt’s (ooupen office equivalent of a .doc or .docx), and it hasn’t been much of a problem except that the indentation of the text gets a little messed up when I paste it to a new document in Open Office Writer. But the most recent character I’ve made (not Drakairy on the Move), has 176 pages of text in Open Office Writer, and its a hassle to go through all the text and fix the indent mistakes. I’ve tried saving it in my Google Drive, but it causes it to freeze when I attempt to save the text. What I’m wondering is if there are any ways I could save extra large amounts of text without making it a hassle to fix indent mistakes or just freezing up the program. I’m not keen on buying Microsoft Office, and I’m not sure I want to overload my sta.sh on DeviantArt quite yet.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

I normally just use notepad to save my text files ( on the rare occasions I due so ) and have never had a problem with the code indenting.

Linea24
    Participant

@Kaldath: Thanks. I tried it, and it works really well.

Stulte
    Participant

Since I don’t trust my harddrive I usually paste the text to an email and either save it as a draft or send it to myself. That works too.

Linea24
    Participant

@Stulte: I used to keep my text files and pictures on a flash drive, but I think e-mailing them to myself, as you said, would work a lot better.

Anyways, thanks for the help! I got my text-saving issue solved now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.