St. Nick's Swap! #6

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges St. Nick's Swap! #6

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Keric
    Participant

Sorry for the change of title Santa Swap abbreviates to S.S, and I just don’t like that! SNS sounds so much better!

I am going to place the rules (and my additions to it, in  parens) here so that next year we can announce this just after Thanksgiving and start at Nov 30th.

-Each person who participates must put up a list of 5 ‘presents’ that they’d like to receive. (I’ve seen years where people were almost begging to give others things~SO, coming up with an expandable list is advisable!)
    -If you receive a present you must give a present back!!!(Yes, to the one that Gave it to you…) (If you have got a gift, and do for some reason get sick, and/or Hm less for a time, to try to give something back when you can, and if Santa swap is closed, give it on  their personal thread.{this will make you feel better.})
    -If you make a custom pose/item/background as a present include the text string so the person receiving the gift can use it.
    -Don’t ask a specific machinist to give you a present, whilst they may be happy to do it, you’re excluding others from giving that gift. (and someone you may not have thought of, may have a better solution than you thought of.)
    -You can ask for hand drawn items if you wish, just don’t expect them to be done.
    -If your list is completed, it’s up to you to tell people if you want them to carry on giving you stuff off your first list (if you ask for redesigns and stuff like that) or if you want them to give you other stuff, in which case you can put up an extra present on your list.
    Of course this isn’t really a contest, it’s just the only category this thing fits in. It’s more a fun way of getting into the Christmas spirit, heromachine style.

(If you receive a gift NOT on your list{for some reason}, say thank you, and give a gift back.  

If you want to give a specific Hm’er a gift, but do NOT want to join the Swap, then it’s best to work out the details on your personal threads)

Rules by JR (and Keric)

Keric
    Participant

My list for this year:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Keric
    Participant

and

Attachments:

Christi S
    Participant

I would be more than happy to receive multiples of any of these!

1. Your take on any of the characters in this post: http://www.heromachine.com/forums/topic/true-life-superheroes-a-hm-webcomic/#post-143206 . Interpret them however you like based on whats there!

2. An ‘issue #3’ installment of the webcomic linked in my signature. You can use any of the characters from the first item on my list or any of the characters in issues #1 & #2, or you can use original characters of your own! Just try to somewhat mimic the format of the previous issues and continue the story from where I left it in whatever direction you think it should go! Bonus if it includes any seasonally-relevant holiday theme!

3. A pose from the perspective of looking up at the figure, either as though they were standing on a glass floor above the viewer or entering the scene from above (falling/flying) feet-first, etc. Please include the text for these.

4. Any method of doing a scene in which it is raining on HM. Does not necessarily need to include people or even much scenery, though all the better if it does, and can even be as simple as a blank sky and flat ground. Its just something I’ve always struggled to figure out how to do well so I would like to see some techniques of other people’s. Please include text for these.

5. Any piece involving showing a character’s reflection in an imperfect surface. So no mirrors. But windows, water, etc. are awesome!

Keric
    Participant

List #1. Your take on any of the characters in this post: http://www.heromachine.com/forums/topic/true-life-superheroes-a-hm-webcomic/#post-143206 . Interpret them however you like based on whats there! I hope you like it! and txt to play with!

Attachments:

Christi S
    Participant

List #1. Your take on any of the characters in this post: http://www.heromachine.com/forums/topic/true-life-superheroes-a-hm-webcomic/#post-143206 . Interpret them however you like based on whats there! I hope you like it! and txt to play with!

Hahah, rad! Feels kinda like a more badass/hardcore version of the charrie than my current headcanon, rtfo!

And, in return, my gift to you! I went with #2 on your list because frankly, that dress is GORGEOUS! Like, I so wish I had that in my closet!

I included the pre-patterns text as well, in case you wanna play with it, because the patterns really bog it down and tbh don’t really change how the pic looks much; I just like to toss them on there for a little more texture.

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

I am glad that you like it, I love what you’ve done, but I can’t see the text!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.