Semi-daily Designs

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Semi-daily Designs

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Yikes. Why were you away so long? There are custom poses available on here when you are ready to import the text. I usually wind up building mine out of heads when the templates don’t have what I need. Keep it up, man.

spnsman1
    Participant

I’ve been away from this for so long because of school. I’m a music major so I lose a lot of time to practicing.

spnsman1
    Participant

This is my first big attempt at positioning, and shading. I know that I still have a lot to learn. I would like to know what you think of this character.
    This character was trained by one of the Guardians (I’ll be posting him soon. Depending on schedule). Charon has been adept with the ability of darkness since he was a kid. He was eventually taught how to create, and change objects using his dark ability. That is the main reason he is called the black rose. He uses a black rose for his traditional mark, and what he transforms his artifacts into.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

spnsman1
    Participant

Left to right: Berserker, Boomer, and Reaper
    Berserker: With light armor, and knives, the Berserker is a swift and agile adversary.
    Boomer: The Boomer has the most “explosive” of personalities. (I know bad pun. They’re the demolitions experts)
    Reaper: Armed with twin scythe, and using light armor, the Reaper is one of the fearsome foes.
    These descriptions are from my recently found idea book, where I wrote down all of my Phantom classes. I believe that I have four more classes to post, plus the leaders of each class.

Attachments:

spnsman1
    Participant

It’s been too long since I’ve posted here, and I thought that I should finally blow the dust off of my forum, so to speak. I was bored and watching the anime Overlord, and had an idea: why not make my own character based off of the world. I guess this is a fan fiction type of thing (or something similar). The character and concept are my own, and I really like how this guy turned out. This is the first time that I never really used black as line color, and used this many items (excluding shading), in a post on here.

Attachments:

spnsman1
    Participant

This is the farthest that I’ve ever gone with shading and just trying to get a picture like this. The only problem I am currently having right now, is with the face of this character. If anyone on here that has made something involving light on the face, and has a tip for me, I would like to know it.
    Background on this character: this guy is one of the character in the Dungeons and Dragons campaign that I’m currently playing. I’m using heromachine to create all of the other characters as certain events, and introductions happen. This guy is a Tiefling Bard, and this is meant to be his more casual appearance. The rest of the characters (and I think that I’m going to post their portraits here as well) are a Tiefling Rogue, Warforged (shadowforged) Warlock, Drow Cleric (me), Goliath Paladin, and Human Barbarian. This is perhaps the most that I’ve stressed about actually adding as many layers as I have to a portrait, but I still like the result of what I make.

Attachments:

Christi S
    Participant

That looks really good! I like how you made the highlights pretty subtle (transparency? Or just color?); it gives it a very natural, traditionally-drawn look which I think fits really well for an old school fantasy game character. And the glints on the armor are perfect!

As for the face; I would do a highlight along the middle of the nose running up to the middle of the forehead between the horns, two more diagonally on the cheeks from the outside corners of the eyes down to just before the sides of the nostrils, and one on the chin right inside where its outlined on that head. MAYBE a highlight between the mouth and nose, and shading along the inside jawline detail lines on that head just below the cheek highlights, but the head is pretty small on that piece so that might be too much.

spnsman1
    Participant

This is the official finish of the portrait. I posted this to the Facebook page I’m part of for the campaign I’m playing, and his face looked off.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

As far as Lados goes, a lot can be done by simply adding an overlay. An identical layer to the one under it, except you use a lighter color or white and make it very transparent. This can be done to make eyes filmy or avoid using custom colors or just lighten a layer.

As far as Charon? A suggestion: show a vaguely rose-shaped piece ‘missing’ from his own shadow, like he pulled it out carefully in an idle moment to match the pose . . .

spnsman1
    Participant

This is another character from the campaign I’m playing. This is our Goliath Paladin. This photo is my favorite (so far), and is heavily influenced by “The Forsaken” by Valyndril (one of my personal favorite pieces to see, and one that has created the goal to make more pieces like this). On this one, it’ll be the only one that I based off another project. Surprisingly, I think this took me less time to do than my previous portrait. I will honestly say that I am very proud of how this turned out, and I’m glad that I can at least imitate (and I will say that the original influence, again, was a piece by Valyndril, and that I hope this post doesn’t get pulled).

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.