Santa Swap 3

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Santa Swap 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok guys, gonna start up the thread for this years Santa Swap.

Technically the swap doesn’t start until tomorrow, but I’m gonna be a bit tight for time tomorrow so I might as well get this sorted early rather than late right?

Anyway, rules. Please make sure you refer to these when making your list (obviously normal forum rules on copyright characters also apply):
    -Each person who participates must put up a list of 5 ‘presents’ that they’d like to receive
    -If you receive a present you must give a present back
    -If you make a custom pose/item/background as a present include the text string so the person receiving the gift can use it
    -If you receive a custom pose/item/background you obliged to use it at some point during the time the Santa Swap is taking place but post usage onto your own thread and mark out that it was from the Santa Swap (exceptions will be made for those who get gifts in the last few days before the thread closes)
    -Don’t ask a specific machinist to give you a present, whilst they may be happy to do it, you’re excluding others from giving that gift.
    -You can ask for hand drawn items if you wish, just don’t expect them to be done.
    -If your list is completed, it’s up to you to tell people if you want them to carry on giving you stuff off your first list (if you ask for redesigns and stuff like that) or if you want them to give you other stuff, in which case you can put up an extra present on your list.
    Of course this isn’t really a contest, it’s just the only category this thing fits in. It’s more a fun way of getting into the Christmas spirit, heromachine style.  This thread is open until Christmas Eve, so you have plenty of time.

My list is in the post below, for neatness.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Miene Liste
    – A holly wreath
    – A heartwarming snowy Christmassy outdoors scene (of your choosing) [Can be given by more than one person]
    – A Redesign of one of the Principle characters from A Christmas Carol (Scrooge, Bob Cratchit, Marley’s Ghost, Tiny Tim or any of the Three Spirits) [Can be given by more than one person, providing you don’t do the same character as someone who has given this present previously]
    – A toy soldier.
    – A Character of yours for me to redesign or colour (your choice) [Can be given by more than one person]

Linea24
    Participant

My List:

1.) This colored:

(Text is in the text attachment)

2.) An autumn forest scene [Can be given by more than one person]

3.) A redesign of Wisp:

4.) Another interpretation of Mass Indecision: [Can be given by more than one person]

Bio:

Name: Too many to count.

Aliases: Mass Indecision

Alignment: Random

Associations: THE ALMIGHTY HELIX!!!

Powers: ????

Mass Indecision is a…unique superhero. He used to be one of the best superheroes, but since then, he has been taken over by an unknown host from another dimension. In fact, few even remember what he was like before the host took over him and controlling his every move. Now, he often mutters random, pointless things like “praise the helix”, “anarchy, not democracy”, “a a a b down a a b a start9″, etc. He always carries a random rock, often thrusting it into people’s faces and shouting “WORSHIP THE ALMIGHTY HELIX!!!”. His movements are almost always pointless and random, making teaming up with him a gamble and a half. He also apparently has no discernment between friend and foe, because he will throw his “helix rock” at friend and foe alike.

5.) A villain who is obsessed with cats.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Linea24
    Participant

I miss spoilers.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Linea24- Well that’s convenient isn’t it, your first present and my last fit quite neatly don’t they. As for the spoilers, I have mentioned it to Ben.

CantDraw
    Participant

My list:

1. A decorated Christmas Tree scene
    2. A new Red Bat villain – either no powers or one power
    3. The name of a group of superheroes like the Justice League along with a logo design.
    4. Redesign of Mister Fancy Pants (see below)
    5. Give me either a flying or martial artist human female character to redesign. If you haven’t created it yet, describe her and I’ll make it.

Mister Fancy Pants:

Mister Fancy Pants

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Linea24- Hang on, I’ve just noticed something about Mass Indescision. Was a certain aspect of his character inspired by Twitch Plays Pokemon by any chance?

CantDraw
    Participant

Linea24 – is that a villian obsessed in a good way (can’t get enough of them) or evil way (destroy every last one) with cats?

JR – I shall attempt #2, from your list, that is. My first instinct is to have someone (like Kano from Mortal Kombat or the Kali priest from Temple of Doom) roasting a heart over a fire with a Christmas tree in the background, but I think I’ll stick with the more traditional route.

Linea24
    Participant

@JR: Oh yeah. Mass Indecision is most definitely inspired by Twitch Plays Pokemon. And go ahead and color my first request, if you want. I’ll come up with something on your list that I can give back.

@Cantdraw
    : Obsessed in a good way, like a crazy cat lady.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

I just got Jeff to re-enable the ability to upload text files to the forums so we can share the heromachine text strings in that manner. example below

Attachments:

Mad Jack
    Participant

A reinterpretation of a mad character? Sounds like a job for Mad Jack… 😉

Here’s my wish list:

– An absolute badass sounding nom de guerre for a superhero (or villain) that’d give a hardboiled criminal the jitters [Can be given by more than one person]
    – An unique, original, exceptional (and preferably useful) superpower (nothing run-of-the-mill) [Can be given by more than one person]
    – A really cool (“living”) zombie character (preferably a kid)
    – A parkour action pose like that in the reference pictures
    – A happy thought (can really use one of those) [Can be given by more than one person]

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Pour Linea24, une coloration

Attachments:

Linea24
    Participant

@JR: *Linea and her Glaceon fainted*

Here’s your first request, a holly wreath!

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Linea: I think I have some revives in my bag somewhere. 😉

Loving the holly wreath.

Mad Jack
    Participant

For Linea24: A new interpretation of Mass Indecision! (click picture to see it in full size.)

Mass Indecision for Linea24

Name: Too many to count.
    Aliases: Mass Indecision
    Alignment: Random
    Associations: THE ALMIGHTY HELIX!!!

Powers:

Mass Indecision has the ability to distribute his own mass however he likes. This doesn’t mean that he can make himself heavier or lighter, but rather that he is able to decide how his weight of 75 kilograms (165 lbs) is distributed. For example: By shifting his complete mass into his fist, he can smash through thick steel and by shifting it into a single finger, he can pull/hold himself up with it. He can also optimize his every movement to be as efficient as possible – who thus can often seem pointless and random to outside viewers. Unfortunately for everyone, the other day he received instructions from “The Helix” how to concentrate all his mass into one single point and make a (very small) black hole …

History:

Mass Indecision used to be one of the best superheroes, but when he accidentally shifted all his mass into his brain he went totally nuts. Since then he hears voices in his head which he thinks come from random objects such as a rock that he always carries around with him. He believes the rock to be possessed by a powerful, almost omnipotent entity from another dimension, called “The Helix”, that chose him as mankinds savior. But it’s hard to convince people that you are the second messiah when you run around muttering random, pointless things like “praise the helix”, “anarchy, not democracy”, “a a a b down a a b a start9”, etc. and throwing rocks into people’s faces while shouting “WORSHIP THE ALMIGHTY HELIX!!!”. He still acts as a superhero, alas his bad habit to throw his “helix rock” at friend and foe alike makes teaming up with him a gamble and a half.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.