Rapidosian’s Gallery

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Rapidosian’s Gallery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Rapidosian
    Participant

Steampunk-Honor.png

Rapidosian
    Participant

Rapidosian-DesertBlessing.jpg.jpg

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Rapidosian, I am going to have to ask you to not create a new topic for each of your pictures as we limit people to a total of 3 topics max in the art gallery section. I have merged your two pervious topics into this one and ask you to confine for heromachine art to this and perhapes two other topics. Thank you!

Rapidosian
    Participant

@Kaldath said:

Rapidosian, I am going to have to ask you to not create a new topic for each of your pictures as we limit people to a total of 3 topics max in the art gallery section. I have merged your two pervious topics into this one and ask you to confine for heromachine art to this and perhapes two other topics. Thank you!

Thank you Kaldath, I am new to Heromachine so I didn’t know any other way. Thanks again for your help!
    -Rapidosian

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Willkommen, Rapidosian! Good start with your Steampunk character.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Welcome to the forums. You’re off to a good start.

Rapidosian
    Participant

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/rapidosian/2013/09/Rapidosian-RedMage.png

Warden de Buschez was a wizard who practiced the arcane arts with unwavering intensity. This came to an end,, however, when Warden began to realize that the vast power he craved could not be achieved through a mortal body. Yearning to break the shackles his human body imposed on him, he performed a dangerous incantation to transform him into a monster with much greater magical power. However, Warden still craved greater power, and set out on a quest to expand his arcane abilities further.

Rapidosian
    Participant

Rapidosian-MaroonMarauder.png

Rapidosian
    Participant

IT’S BACK, AND IT’S BETTER THAN EVER!

It’s been a very long time since I posted anything here, and my HM3 abilities have gotten a little better. Right now I’m making a motley crew of Victorian vigilantes who fight with bullet and blade in the name of honor and justice. 1 portrait is finished, with 2 more currently under construction. I will probably end up making between 5 and 8 heroes altogether as ideas come to me.

Here is the first portrait, Arwen Lockton (inspired by Bayonetta):

Arwen Lockton

Arwen uses a Cosmic Rifle, a Temporal Disruption Belt, Multi-Spectrum Lenses, a cybernetic clockwork leg, and her father’s cursed silver knife.

Lore coming soon. Honestly I have enough ideas to write an entire book about these characters, but that is a project for another day.

(Yes, I do think steampunk girls are awesome. Don’t judge, just love.)

Suleman
    Participant

Nice!
    Arwen is looking pretty great. The design of the clockwork leg is pretty inventive, the belt is real neat, and the simple color scheme works well. The parts that need to stand out, stand out. Her face is also nice, simple but expressive.
    I’m not a huge fan of arbitrary asymmetry in designs, but it works in this case because she’s an adventurer.

Some very small things I noticed:
    Maybe slightly change the color of the gun, so it stands out from her coat more? Right now it sort of blends in.
    Are those armored hems supposed to be part of her coat or a separate piece?
    Where are the straps of her goggles?

JR19759
    Keymaster

Nice! Arwen is looking pretty great. The design of the clockwork leg is pretty inventive, the belt is real neat, and the simple color scheme works well. The parts that need to stand out, stand out. Her face is also nice, simple but expressive. I’m not a huge fan of arbitrary asymmetry in designs, but it works in this case because she’s an adventurer. Some very small things I noticed: Maybe slightly change the color of the gun, so it stands out from her coat more? Right now it sort of blends in. Are those armored hems supposed to be part of her coat or a separate piece? Where are the straps of her goggles?

What he said.

Welcome back dude.

Rapidosian
    Participant

Nice! Arwen is looking pretty great. The design of the clockwork leg is pretty inventive, the belt is real neat, and the simple color scheme works well. The parts that need to stand out, stand out. Her face is also nice, simple but expressive. I’m not a huge fan of arbitrary asymmetry in designs, but it works in this case because she’s an adventurer. Some very small things I noticed: Maybe slightly change the color of the gun, so it stands out from her coat more? Right now it sort of blends in. Are those armored hems supposed to be part of her coat or a separate piece? Where are the straps of her goggles?

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I understand what you mean about those three things:

1. I noticed the gun problem during the creation process, but I answered it with a question: what color would such a gun be in real life? The answer seemed still to be dark brownish gunmetal, so I stuck with it. Everything else I looked at was too loud, bright, or dark. Besides, the gun is more of a backup article in the portrait since Arwen is more of a scout than a straight-up, guns-blazing fighter.

2. The hems were originally intended to be part of the coat, yes (along with the back of the coat). They don’t really connect in the “final product” but they look good so I let them be.

3. The goggle straps are covered by her hair. (I know that’s a lazy solution but I couldn’t find a better way.)

I appreciate the critique, I’m always trying to improve 🙂

Big juggernaut/frankenstein dude coming next.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.