Random Sayings / Thoughts

Home Forums The Pub Word Association Threads Random Sayings / Thoughts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Rules: Any random thought, a quote or an original idea. Witty, wise, or whimsical. No replies, just more thoughts. This is not to be a discussion or a debate. Just post whatever is in your head. Even if it is controversial or irrelevant, please no direct replies, criticism, or arguments. Just be open and sincere. To christen the spirit of this endeavor:

“Words are how friends make love to one another.” – Ann Gottlieb.

GuyGenesis
    Participant

“The birth of legends and the fall of kings.” – Me

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Vampyrist
    Participant

“Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent”
    -Salvor Hardin, Foundation by Isaac Asimov

Myro
    Participant

With upcoming elections in my province, I’m reminded of this nugget by Mark Twain:

“Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often, and for the same reason.”

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Cats and Spring, brushing for the last week!

Hammerknight
    Participant

@Myro said:

With upcoming elections in my province, I’m reminded of this nugget by Mark Twain:

“Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often, and for the same reason.”

I agree fully with that statement.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Having just read Frankenstein, I thought I’d place a couple of my favorite lines here.

“if I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear”

“I am malicious because I am miserable. Am I not shunned and hated by all mankind? You, my creator, would tear me to pieces and triumph; remember that, and tell me why I should pity man more than he pities me? … Shall I respect man when he condemns me?”

“I desired love and fellowship, and I was still spurned. Was there no injustice in this? Am I to be thought the only criminal, when all humankind sinned against me?”

-The Creation, who is by far my favorite character of the book

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

“Not bricht Eisen.” – German proverb (“Necessity breaks iron.”)

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

“Let me tell you about the days of high adventure!” (Watching “Conan the Barbarian” for about the 200th time… lost count after 1).

Myro
    Participant

Read a good one today:

“If you have anything to say, make sure your words are sweet. You never know when you may have to turn around and eat them.”

Kaylin88100
    Participant

“People were created to be loved.
    Things were created to be used.
    The reason why the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.”
    -Google Images Search, “inspiration”

Herr D
    Participant

From one of my performance pieces, commenting on how do you know where a rock comes from?

. . . what if Mt. Rushmore’s sculptor was almost done, [mime hammer & chisel] and George Washington had this booger . . . [crane neck as if looking up inside giant nose]

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

“It’s a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no telling where you might be swept off to.” – Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship Of The Ring

Trekkie
    Participant

Been listening to Tom Lehrer a lot lately, so here’s a favourite line from one of the pre-song bits:
    “Life is like a sewer; What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.