Proper Proportions.

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Proper Proportions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, Machiners. I totally stumped myself. I created this character, Big Bitch, and I mentioned in her story that she’s 60 feet tall, but I haven’t the slightest clue as to how to get that across in the scene I made. Unfortunately I don’t have the text for this picture, but what I want is something similar to Weilyn’s Dwarf Recipe. An important part of the scene is her size in relation to the background. I’m not opposed to any reinterpretations of her look, as long as it comes across that she is 60 feet tall.My first villainess. No full back story, yet. She wanted to be a superhero and volunteered for genetic enhancements. She was not satisfied with the results. She gained super strength, like she wanted, but she also grew to 60 feet in height! In her anger she has been on a destructive rampage since, calling herself Big B*tch! (wip, I’ll tweak the picture later.)BIG-BITCH.png

Herr D
    Participant

Okay, so the small building on the left should be about four stories high. Then ?, 8-9, 6, ? proceeding from left to right. A person of normal height would be between the length of her hand and the outer length of her briefs if right beside her. If next to the buildings, a person would match the height of the doors. The only way to handle a perspective shot accurately is to trace the lines from the ‘vanishing points’ to the ‘front’ of the picture. A recipe wouldn’t really work. A line passing through the top side edge of building number four should about reach the top of her head. She seems like more about 100 feet. Size up the background first.

And good luck, perspective is hard to get right in Hm.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

If you’re looking down at her from slightly above, as the building perspective suggests, then you need to use foreshortening to make her head appear closer and her feet further away.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks for the tips! Herr D, I was thinking the same thing, after the fact, that she looks more like 100 feet tall than 60. I could have just changed the story but I wanted to try and stick with what I first came up with. Also because of the various sizes of companions, they’re not that good to size against. The group companions sort of worked best. I’ll take all under consideration from both of you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.