Opposites Attract

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Opposites Attract

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Luc

So with the old UGO forums still gone, I figured I’d bring back an old contest I posted there way back in the HM 2 days that was pretty popular for awhile.

The contest is simple, every week a pair of complete opposites are chosen, such as Fire and Water, Dark and Light, Cat and Dog, and so on. After a week, the best pair of characters themed around the chosen opposites wins and gets to come up with the next week’s combination. Very simple with plenty of room for creativity, so lets get started shall we?

Rules:
    1) Entries must be a pair of two characters, whether they’re in the same image or seperate images doesn’t matter. The relation between these two characters is up to you, whether they’re partners, rivals, lovers, family, or whatever. Just be sure there’s two of’em!
    2) Characters can be in any style you want, a pair of fantasy heroes is just as good as a pair of spandex-clad superheroes as long as they match the week’s theme!
    3) If a week goes by without any entries, just extend the deadline another week. If there’s still no entries after the second week, pick a new pair of opposites.

This week’s pairing:
    Good and Evil

Luc

Don’t everybody pile on at once now Confused

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Sorry man, I made a pic a while back that would be perfect for this contest, only I downloaded it to my computer desktop, and I tried looking for it bu couldn’t find it. Cry

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, here’s my two, to try and get the ball rolling.

The Light and The Darkness
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2013/01/The-Light-2.png
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2013/01/The-Darkness.png

Two of the immortal Elder, beings from before this universe, they are engaged in an eternal war with each other. However, they did work together when their universe collapsed, creating this one from its remains. The Light brought into being all that is good in this universe, whilst the Darkness brought into being everything that is bad. They are constantly trying to gain the upper hand over the other, but they cannot fight directly, otherwise they could end all of creation, so instead they manipulate lesser species to do battle for them.

prswirve
    Participant

hmm striking similarity to preservation and ruin.’ the gods from mistborn’

JR19759
    Keymaster

@prswirve said:

hmm striking similarity to preservation and ruin.’ the gods from mistborn’

No idea who or what they are Confused

prswirve
    Participant

i see. i thought you’ve read the book Mistborn. i’m a fan. it’s got good characters into it and the two deities are strikingly similar to the backstory of your two immortal elders. it’s not exactly a battle between good and evil though. it’s more like order and chaos. anyway, nice stuff you have there.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Old pic (and I mean really old):
    http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/Kaylin88100/AngelvsDemon.png
    This was an entry for the Gemini contest, if anyone still remembers that. It was originally Angel and Demon, but could also be Good vs Evil.

I might remake this at some point…Confused

prswirve
    Participant

nice concept. like wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Luc

Alright, it’s been a week and just two entries… Slow start, but at least it’s a start!

So, I’m giving this one to JR19759! The glowing effect on The Light is what decided it for me, it’s really unique and well executed as well as really sells the idea that it’s some sort of otherworldly, powerful being. So you’re up JR, give us our opposite pairing for this week!

prswirve
    Participant

congrats JR19759!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks Luc. I think for this weeks pairing we shall have: Summer & Winter

prswirve
    Participant

Ah. Just in time. Here’s my entry…

Jeff is a rich hunk envied by all. He seems to have everything good in life. He is a celebrity. A well known actor. In fact, mostly everything is known about him due to his fame. Except one secret. Every winter, he transforms into the abominable snowman….

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/prswirve/2013/02/summer_winter.png

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.