No Copyrighted Material!

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery No Copyrighted Material!

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I recently used the Superman glyph maker that was on HM’s Facebook page and I attached it to a character I made. Can I post that character with the glyph in the art gallery? It is currently being used as my avatar.

Hammerknight
    Participant

As long as it doesn’t have the “S” in the center of it like Superman’s does. That is in the insignias so it can be used.

Lightningsword
    Participant

Does this mean I can’t create jedi or siths? even If they don’t look like Obi-wan or Darth Vader?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@Fudgee said:

Does this mean I can’t create jedi or siths? even If they don’t look like Obi-wan or Darth Vader?

To answer your question; Yes, unless those character Jedi Sith Characters are from a Star Wars Role-Playing Game such as this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Roleplaying_Game_(Wizards_of_the_Coast). If you do post a RPG character it has to be your own creation ( not an NPC from the setting but 100% your own design ) AND the post has to clearly state that it is a RPG character. Note Only official RPG games are allowed not fan created games.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks Hammerknight. It looks more like a stylized L. They even give you your name in Kryptonian. I couldn’t pronounce it, of course, lol.

davick

I have a question or 2.

I just reregistered after being unable to login with what I could have sworn was this username, and checking the member list for any of the possible other names I may have used. I was trying to find a thread I had started that contained HMs of my pathfinder characters. These were original characters and stated as such, but their backstories I posted may have contained references to Pathfinder specific locations. Could this thread have been deleted for copyright issues? Would my profile have ben removed also?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@davick said:

I have a question or 2.

I just reregistered after being unable to login with what I could have sworn was this username, and checking the member list for any of the possible other names I may have used. I was trying to find a thread I had started that contained HMs of my pathfinder characters. These were original characters and stated as such, but their backstories I posted may have contained references to Pathfinder specific locations. Could this thread have been deleted for copyright issues? Would my profile have ben removed also?

Hello Davick, welcome to the forums. I am not sure what the issue is/was with your user name problems. I can honestly say I do not remember seeing the thread you mentioned here with the Pathfinder characters and thus do not remember deleting it myself though it could have been HammerKnight when he was still active, or one of the new Moderators I suppose. Even still having deleted your thread it would not have deleted your account, even if we had banned you it still would not have deleted the account. Let me ask, how long ago was it that you originally registered on here ? If it was more then a year ago can it be possible that you actually registered on the now defunct UGO Heromachine forums which used to be the official HM forums before these were opened less then two years ago ? …. For the record however Pathfinder is an officially licensed RPG game and as such it is perfectly alright to post characters from that game so long as they are your own creations here on these forums.

davick

It would have been close to a year. That’s likely what happened. Shame, I had some stuff posted on there that I’ve since lost. Is there any sort of archive?

rodrigo rosales
    Participant

ok

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.