Let see you colour.

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Let see you colour.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

ams
    Participant

Deepest apologies for not posting winner sooner.  Busy week with back to school for the kiddies and work.

4 great submissions from 4 most excellent ‘machiners, but there can be only one!

Stulte’s color is not so much flash, but a lesson in shading a white subject.  4 strategically place colored focal points make a strong overall impresion.

JR went with the challenge to co-ordinate red and green.  Great highlighting, but looking at the overall green colors on a fierce robot,  I would have thrown some camo effect to finish the job.

Lef went with red and white.  Awesome job n the red higlights, but the white parts look flat compared to the rest.  White colors are hard to highlight/shade, but there are ways to do it.

Nug’s entry is very clean and great separation of the colors he chose.  Subtle highlights and shading that do not overwhelm the subject.  Looks like a new action figure right out of the box!

My choice for the winner is…..NUG!

Thank you for all 4 entries!

Nug
    Participant

😀 Thanks, AMS!

Admittedly though this was a complex piece to color. I kept going back to JR’s piece for comparison as to where to put highlights. Default color layout on some pieces doesn’t match up to the style of other pieces used, and some pieces have “auto darkening” (for lack of better terminology) bits that want to throw off the color scheme entirely. I think everyone did a great job, cause again it was a pain in the backside.

AMS…  Blood Raven

Son4 did a version as well…Link

Now it’s your turn, homie! 😀 Thanks in advance!

ams
    Participant

@ Nug – On it!  Might take a little time……

Keric
    Participant

Sorry for not posting this earier.

Keric’s NOT A Challenge Gallery

Nug
    Participant

@AMS Take your time, man. No rush.

@ Keric That is a nice coloring job on the first entry… but were you trying to post that cool dude with the wings for us to color?

ams
    Participant

Prize for NUG – BLOOD RAVEN

Cheers!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

I’ve hand an entry but i haven’t been able to export it properly so i have attached a text file.
    IF any one could up load the pic here i’d be much obliged.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Funkmachine7- I got it.

Ok first up is Funkmachine’s entry from above.

Funkmachine7

Then I had a go myself.

JR19759

Attachments:

Stulte
    Participant

Both entries are excellent!

Funkmachine deserves credit for the background and the imaginative use of tattoos on the arms and the armour. The blood stains on the armband is a clever addition, too.

JR19759’s entry has a nicely balanced and coherent colour scheme with subtle but effective shading, especially with the facial features.

My choice for the best colouring will have to be JR’s, but it was great seeing both of your takes on my design.

JR, let me know what character you want me to recreate.

And anyone is welcome to post a new colouring challenge for us 🙂

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Stulte- Awesome. I’d be interested to see your take on this one.

If people are looking for a character to try to colour, I’ve got this old one that I had the uncoloured version and text for, so…

Attachments:

Funkmachine7
    Participant

JR19759 thank you for up loading the image.

Nug
    Participant

@ AMS  Aww man that turned out bonus!!! I like how you give him a 2099 feel with his glowing eyes, cloak, and electrical weapons. The mask is great as well. It looks like an updated version of my other concept for Blood Raven. 10/10 😀

Edit: I forget my manners… Thank you, AMS!

Been busy as of late but really looking forward to coloring what ever the … uhh… “dickens”(???) that thing is? ^

Geno
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone else was having this problem, but when I tried to load JR’s character from the text file, there were backslashes at the end of each line and a few other things that prevented it from loading. So I think I’ve got it cleaned up – here’s the corrected version.

Attachments:

Lef
    Participant

Heres mine.

Attachments:

Stulte
    Participant

That was right up my alley, JR 😀

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.