Hurricane Harvey

Home Forums The Pub Hurricane Harvey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CantDraw
    Participant

I’m sure many of you watched the events of hurricane Harvey unfold and have seen the devastation left in its wake. My family and I were right in the middle of it and got the brunt of the rain. I’ll try to post a picture of how close it got to our front door along with the “redneck engineering” I attempted to keep the water out. Thankfully, it never got tested.

We faced a very stressful moment Tuesday morning when we saw how close the water was getting and knowing how much more rain we were supposed to get. It’s weird day when you see a boat coming down your street and have to decide if your family should get in. Well, we stayed and the waters have almost receded completely from our street. It’s still too high to get out this morning, but it won’t be long until it is and we get our lives back to normal.

My heart goes out to those who it won’t be normal today and for many to come. I know several who got water in the homes, so I’m hoping to help where I can.

Herr D
    Participant

Glad to hear it was only close for you. Well wishes for you and yours and your community.

My family had a close call like it once. A freak flood hit our area once when I was 16. Our home became an island, with the first floor carpet about a foot higher than the floodwater’s crest.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.