How To Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

DCGirl8898
    Participant

How do I add my own insignia to my character?

matttrach
    Participant

How do you get weapons and items to be held in hand? I loaded one of the presets and found that it actually phases through the thumb, how did you get it to do that?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@matttrach- If you have the weapon positioned in front of the hand, go to the the tabs above the item select screen and you’ll see a tab that says Transform. Click on that and in the top left hand corner of that tab there’s a button with a mask on it which will have the word Masking above it. This is the mask tool. If you click on that and then click on the hand underneath the weapon it will mask the weapon to the hand, giving the effect of the hand gripping the weapon, provided the weapon is positioned right.

Hope this helps.

TheGrumpyGamer
    Participant

How do I cover up exposed shoulder joints like these?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Herr D
    Participant

@DCGirl: You’ll have to build any insignia not found in the massive category. Basic shapes found in Shapes, Tech, Standard go a long way.

@TGG: JR, above, describes masking. There are some tutorials around, too. Use masking to “clip” an arm overlay in the color you want or build a sleeve out of pieces, including those found in Tops. Or add a shoulder pad from the Shoulder categories?

missionsgirl
    Participant

How do I add an existing insignia to a shield? Is there a way to do that? Just wondering, as it would be more visible on the character I’m working on, and could add a nice touch.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@missionsgirl- Again it’s a case of masking. You position the insignia above the shield and then go to the transform tab (above the item selection screen) and click the masking tool (the button has a mask on it, that’s how you tell) then click on the shield and the insignia will wrap to the outline of the shield, so it doesn’t show outside of the outline. Hope this helps.

Drinkfluid
    Participant

How do I upload images to the forums?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Logbook- There’s two ways. Firstly, if you look underneath the Reply box there is a button that says Choose File. Click that and you can select a file from your computer. The second way is for if you have images already uploaded to somewhere like DeviantArt of Photobucket. You open the image in a new tab from that page and then copy the link. Then, in the Reply box you should see a button at the top that looks like clip art of two mountains and a sun in a box. When you hover over it Insert/ edit image comes up. Click that and paste the link to the image into the Source box. And then obviously after either method just press submit on the reply.

Drinkfluid
    Participant

Thanks, JR! Live long and prosper!

Is there a way to change direction of the character? Like have a side view?

How can I make a side view of the character?

Herr D
    Participant

It’s gotta be built.  Pretty much from scratch unless you find one you like in Custom poses. ChristiS has recently posted a kissing couple,  for example.

Building usually involves using heads as shoulders, biceps, hips, etc. Takes time to make it look right. Good luck.

Rolf Paterson
    Participant

How do you use this program?

Herr D
    Participant

Uhh? There are dozens of partial tutorials in the forums here for various techniques. I think I saw some references to youtube tutorials as well.

1. Click ‘hm3’ on the dashboard (the black line above all but the banner) and
    2. start playing for best results?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.