How do I… get HM3 to stop cropping large pictures?

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery How Do I … ? How do I… get HM3 to stop cropping large pictures?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

khaalis
    Participant

How do I… get HM3 to stop cropping large pictures?

I have the following image that I can get to fit in the drawing window on HM3, but every time I export it as a png, it crops the picture on both sides and the bottom (as below). I can view the picture in widescreen mode, but how do you save a widescreen shot? Just do a screen capture and crop the picture?

Thanks.

Guardsman_small.png

djuby
    Participant

Either a screen capture or a type of snipping tool is what I use now. Had the same issue until a moderator set me straight. Good luck, and welcome.

djuby
    Participant

By the way…great pic!

Kaylin88100
    Participant

There is a way to get widescreen pics. On the Export screen, there are options for widescreen formats that you can then crop if they’re too big. Just select one of those.

khaalis
    Participant

Djuby: Thanks for the compliment. What snipping tool do you use?

Kaylin88100: Thanks for the info. Works great for the sides, but it still keeps cutting off the feet.

Just a small annoyance as it means I can’t export a clean transparent version.

Weilyn

When I can’t get the whole picture in one shot I move it around with the Move All option, and use print screen to capture all parts. Then I just piece it together in ms paint.

I believe Windows 7 is supposed to have a snipping tool included. I can’t find mine, but screengrabbing works well enough.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@Weilyn said:

When I can’t get the whole picture in one shot I move it around with the Move All option, and use print screen to capture all parts. Then I just piece it together in ms paint.

I believe Windows 7 is supposed to have a snipping tool included. I can’t find mine, but screengrabbing works well enough.

I don’t use the export feature ever and always do screen captures ( print screen button ) but if the image is to big to get in a single screen capture I used a different approach myself. Instead of multiple pictures and piecing them back together I just use the browsers ability to zoom out. I reduced my view to somewhere between 90-95% and then I am usually able to get a single screenshot that way.

Weilyn

@Kaldath said:
    I don’t use the export feature ever and always do screen captures ( print screen button ) but if the image is to big to get in a single screen capture I used a different approach myself. Instead of multiple pictures and piecing them back together I just use the browsers ability to zoom out. I reduced my view to somewhere between 90-95% and then I am usually able to get a single screenshot that way.

That’s pretty darned clever.

Harlekin

I usually use Ms Paint, for cropping. I do fullsize view and printscreen and paste in Ms paint, this is the most easiest method.

richard kysler
    Participant

I much use screen capture but it alters the density of the photo, the results is much pixilated, though I am not using a wider picture so it is barely noticeable. Then when it comes to printing I used the process of digital print copy like this one http://www.digitekprinting.com/digital-printing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.