HOTM Closed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hammerknight
    Participant

It is hard for me to do this, but due to the small number of people voting, I am going to close down HOTM for the time being. We may look into bringing it back later down the road. (There has been only five people voting in the last few month.)

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Collecting the nominations in the forums then post the poll on the blog might bring about more votes.

FRM

i have the feeling more people will be able to vote in the summer. :/

fuzztone

Agreed. Definitely something for the blog.

Can I also say that I don’t quite understand the contest structure? When I read “Hero of the Month…” I think of heroes posted within that month. The February contest seemed to be “Hero of the first fortnight in February” – the poll started on the 15th!

(Sorry to sound whiny – I do appreciate all the work you and Kaldath do for this community!)

prswirve
    Participant

Why whenever i read fuzztone’s comment i always think about a “giraffe”… Ah yeah your avatar is like a subliminal giraffe image… :)

Hammerknight
    Participant

@fuzztone said:

Agreed. Definitely something for the blog.

Can I also say that I don’t quite understand the contest structure? When I read “Hero of the Month…” I think of heroes posted within that month. The February contest seemed to be “Hero of the first fortnight in February” – the poll started on the 15th!

(Sorry to sound whiny – I do appreciate all the work you and Kaldath do for this community!)

It has to be set up that way in order to have time for the voting. On the old forum there was a Hero of the Week. It all comes down to time, not having enough to go around. Between the blog and the forums, it got crazy trying to keep up with everything. Moving HOTM to the blog is not a bad ideas, but right now I have time issue to deal with. After I get some other projects done I will look into bringing HOTM back.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

You could always delegate responsibilities, HK.

Hammerknight
    Participant

If someone is willing to take it over it is alright by me.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Hammerknight said:
    It has to be set up that way in order to have time for the voting. On the old forum there was a Hero of the Week. It all comes down to time, not having enough to go around. Between the blog and the forums, it got crazy trying to keep up with everything. Moving HOTM to the blog is not a bad ideas, but right now I have time issue to deal with. After I get some other projects done I will look into bringing HOTM back.

Don’t take this wrong, HK, and I appreciate everything that you do to keep HM moving. Instead of 2 or 3 blogs and contests a day, post just 1 blog a day and 1 weekly contest. I’m a mech-warrior princess myself… I mean… don’t overdose yourself on the OCD.

At work, I delegate, relegate, substantiate, validate… when I get to the point that I opinionate, fixate, frustrate, and swear revenge… a strawberry ice cream cone refreshes.

Hammerknight
    Participant

The thing with the blog post, I am trying to get more people posting so I added more subjects. The contest is only once a week. OCD is once a week. I liked HOTM but when only five people vote, there just was not enough interest to keep going. On the old forums there would be 30 plus votes per week. I am still thinking about HOTM, so we will see what happens.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.