Hex’s Randomness

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Hex’s Randomness

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Painful Grace is fantastic, it conveys so much emotion.

Maverik1313
    Participant

It really has feeling in it.

Hexadecimal
    Participant

That time I tried mashing the genres of Fantasy and Western together…I still find this image rather strange.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hexadecimal
    Participant

I thought I’d try something new – black and white (with a hint of colour).

Attachments:

GuyGenesis
    Participant

Huh, a centaur cowboy? Actually seems a perfect blend and a big hit with “PETA” (no more spurs). I have to admit the name would even be perfect if only the body was that of a bovine. Bad jokes aside I genuinely like the idea

Margravine Sophie du Maurier is very cool as well

Hexadecimal
    Participant

Well thank you! My first thought whilst creating this bizarre centaur was “imagine how much time cowboys would save if they didn’t have to climb on their horse…” probably makes for awkward situations in the local pub though…

GuyGenesis
    Participant

Yeah I guess you could say a character like that would give new meaning (well I guess literal meaning) to kicking like a mule. now if he only had crocodile teeth.

I’d hate to see him on the gallows though, (I have to apologize in advance for this) One could say he was hung like a horse.

Hexadecimal
    Participant

Cheeky but effective use of the double entendre

Hexadecimal
    Participant

Mourning the loss of his wings

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Dude, if you don’t mind, I have a few suggestions for your newest pic, because I reckon if you made a few changes, you have something really special there.

Firstly, the background needs spicing up a bit, just flat grey is too dull. Try messing with some gradients and different shades of grey, maybe add some other mid-range dark colours as well. Also, add more clouds and make them darker and more ominous. That’s if you are going for a moody, rainy look (in which case add a rain effect as well), otherwise maybe look at some “burning” colours or “melancholy” colours, which would both give a different and more interesting mood.

Secondly, maybe add a bit more hair down at the bottom of where the hair ends. At the moment it ends a bit awkwardly, cresenting inwards, where as most peoples hair would end either straight or to a rough point. It’s not a major thing, but you might want to consider it.

Thirdly, change the colour of the part where the wings used to be. Yeah, I get you’ve done the blood (which looks great btw), but the part where the wings used to be would look red and raw after they had been ripped off.

Finally, if you want to, shading, but I think that would be a big job, so it would be if you want to. But some shading would really bring this pic out of its self. At the moment the whole thing is very flat, so unflatten it.

Apart from those few things, I love this. The pose, the hands grasped around the body, the head tilted down, it just shows so much emotion, despite the fact we can’t see the characters face. I’ve mentioned how I love the blood effect you’ve got, it looks very realistic. I also love how you’ve left a few feathers there, where the wings used to be, it really sells the fact that they’ve been removed, and forcefully at that. And then we come to the wings. You did a really good job with the effects on these, the burn marks especially are excellent.

If you were to go back and have a look at the things I said above, you’d have a really fantastic piece on your hands here and I hope you do. You’ve shown you can produce some special stuff, just go that extra mile on this and make something spectacular.

Hexadecimal
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for the critique! Will definitely tweak a few things – not being one who can draw or paint etc., I tend to forget about things like hairlines, body part ratio etc. (but I’m slowly learning). I was trying to put some texture on those wing stumps but for some reason those things don’t like items being masked to them.</p>

Hexadecimal
    Participant

Fallen (2.0)

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yup, that’s much better.

Hexadecimal
    Participant

“A Queen’s sacrifice, even when fairly obvious, always rejoices the heart of the chess-lover” – Savielly Tartakower

Attachments:

Folkly
    Participant

I really like this.  Those are great poses, you make them look so natural – and make the technique look so easy!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.