Help Hot Line

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Tried as a JPEG, got the same error message and nothing posted. I was able to put it on HM’s Facebook page, though.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Tried as a JPEG, got the same error message and nothing posted. I was able to put it on HM’s Facebook page, though.

ok, I have reported this to Jeff via email.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, Kaldath. I’ve had this problem in the past and assumed the picture was to large, byte wise, average size in the 2mb range . It usually happened with pictures I heavily filtered using a photo editor or Comic Life.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Thanks, Kaldath. I’ve had this problem in the past and assumed the picture was to large, byte wise, average size in the 2mb range . It usually happened with pictures I heavily filtered using a photo editor or Comic Life.

Well I am shame faced to admit that I I used an Online conversion tool to calculate the byte to MB conversion and apparently used a faulty conversion tool. Your file is actually WAY to much over the sites file size limit which is slightly less the Half a MD in size.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Your file is actually WAY to much over the sites file size limit which is slightly less the Half a MD in size.

OK, good to know at least nothing is wrong with my laptop. I actually suck at doing those conversions in my head, so don’t feel bad. Anything I can’t post here I put on HM’s Facebook page.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

you can also post it here by posting the url to a direct link to the photo with img tags around it for example

http://www.worksathome.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/test-image.jpeg

WesternAngel
    Participant

how do i make a group picture with many characters?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@WesternAngel- Usually there are two methods. First you do the group shot within heromachine its self, by creating all the characters together in one image the same way you’d make a single character. You can use characters you’ve already made by clicking a little tick box at the bottom of the “Load Character” menu which says “keep currently loaded items, this will keep any character you’re currently working on and load another into the same save. But if doing that make sure that each character is positioned where you want them in relation to each other before loading them into the same file, because keeping track of items as you move them into position all in one place gets messy, much easier to move by item when the characters are in individual saves.  Or secondly, if you’ve already made the characters individually and exported them, use an external editing software like photoshop or gimp, even word has rudimentary picture editing that can be used. Saves a bit of time.

Hope this helps.

WesternAngel
    Participant

thanks but when i load my second character it will appear on top of the other one no matter where i move it?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@WesternAngel- Were you moving the character by “All Items”? If so, there’s a glitch that means that all ways jumps when you try to load it from a save or export it. Move by categories instead (such as “body” or “backplane”. Neckwear comes under both Head and Body categories as well as it’s own category so watch out for that, you can end up moving them twice without realising).

frostjon361

Hi. I’m trying to create a skeleton figure emerging/jumping from an insect swarm. Here is a rough 1st attempt. I was hoping for some advice and a critique.

I’m having trouble with creating a swarm texture and posing of the skeleton appropriately. Maybe the figure is too exposed?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Herr D
    Participant

I’m not sure what your goal is there. I would suggest a swarm texture might be alternating layers of star background, nearly transparent layer (2-3%,) 20 or so companion insects, repeat. Probably six rounds or more.

Is the skeleton supposed to be together? Having it lose at least an arm might make it look more real. Having it make an odd gesture with a parted jaw might make it look like it’s performing magic, enabling it to emerge intact. Having it completely covered but for skull, masked arm part and masked opposite leg part would carry the illusion of walking out of it. ‘Continuing’ the other side of the masked limbs four layers deeper would help for realism.

Good luck.

Ace
    Participant

Uh, hi. I don’t know if this is where I should be asking this, but for HM3, does anyone have any tips on making an open-book prop? I’m making a character that’s a witch holding an open spellbook in one arm (which took forever to position), but the only books I can find are closed and/or at a weird angle to try to manipulate into what I need. Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Herr D
    Participant

propped up or down? The itemrt / misc newspaper has curved pages for the top if you want to cluster several layers of it for the page-edge effect and hide the ‘binding’ that doesn’t exist with the arm and a spread, palm-in hand . . .

Sasha Honeypalm
    Participant

How do you make a decent shoreline?

Judging from the gallery, you can get a lot more mileage out of HM than I can figure out. Specifically, at the moment, I’m trying to make a background for my D&D portrait, and since she’s from an island I’d like to have her standing on a dock or at a beach that curves behind her. So far I have… some awkward shapes that look like they came out of MS Paint.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.