Grievas' corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Grievas' corner

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

grievas
    Participant

It was asked me to post more etruscan gods, or etruscan mythological creatures so, here Tuchulca is.

He is a demon of the etruscan hell. He protects the tombs from the tomb raiders and persecutes who desecrated the graves up to kill him, if he does not adequately remedy the wrongdoing.

Enjoy it

Ciao from Italy

JR19759
    Keymaster

Very nice.

A few things I’d suggest though. When you’re doing “shading” by patterns, like you are on the left side of this pic, you’ve got to make sure you don’t miss anything, because it stands out if you do (warriors right arm and the creatures left hand). Also, maybe different hands could have been used for the warrior, because the thumbs are in the wrong place. And if you wanted to, you could just make the blood all one shade of red and add little bits of highlighting, like you’ve done with the armour and the creature, that could look quite good, but it’s not anything to really worry about.

But apart from that stuff, love the pose, the creatures expression looks really menacing and I like the fact you’re trying your hand at shading, you’ve made a good start.

grievas
    Participant

Thank you very much for your suggestions and critics, JR.

I really appreciate them.

About shading and higlighting, I followed the tutorial I have found in the forums, but I am a newbe so I am still not flexible I have to be, I have just followed the instructions, without understand that I can do just little things to have a better result such us, for example, to choose patterns with different ways of ‘shading’.

About the warrior’s hands you are right, but I have not found any other hands that could fit better than the current ones. Do you have any suggestions?

About the blood. thank you for the suggestion. I had not thought to do that. I try immediatly.

Due to your suggestions I will post an updated version of this character.

Thank you very much JR, and sorry for my bad english.

Ciao from Italy

JR19759
    Keymaster

Don’t worry about your English, it’s fine.

As for the hands, I’d suggest trying the 1st hand on the bottom row of the second page of the male hands or the last hand on the 5th page. You’ll need to reposition them a bit, but they’ll work better.

asubtledagger28
    Participant

Nice gallery @grievas. I like the green and gold wings on Tuchulca and the highlights and background. I look forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work.

grievas
    Participant

Ciao to everyone and thank you for the visits and the comments.

As promised, here the updated Thuculcha.

hawk007
    Participant

Cool! Very creepy, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.