March 30, 2013 at 6:37 pm #21768
Let’s see: I got 2 (but not the bonus), 5 (abcd; are these 1/4 point each?), 7, 9, and 10. Quite pleased with myself that I knew the answer to 7, despite the fact that I’ve been watching Doctor Who regularly for only a little over a month (a mix of both classic and new episodes), and horribly disappointed that I didn’t get 3 right (I’ve actually played Pokemon Blue through a couple times, but I somehow got mixed up on which one was the hidden Pokemon that could only be accessed through cheats).
So that would make it 5 points, unless the questions in 5 are worth 1 point each, in which case I got 8.
Atomic Punk: I actually have a friend that still knows the Poke’rap. Not me, though.March 30, 2013 at 6:37 pm #21769
I got 5 (5, 7, 8 I knew definitively. 9 & 10 were correct educated guesses. I was so close on 3, I have the poster with the Kanto pokemon at home, along with the pokerap somewhere)March 31, 2013 at 3:07 am #21789
@the Atomic Punk said:
9 for 13. JR19759, how about a super-bonus to anyone who can name the first 150 PokÃ©mon?
I’ll give you two if you can name them in order. And that goes for anyone.
Should have made 5 a bit clearer, getting all four is equal to one point.April 2, 2013 at 2:26 pm #21873
Current Leader Board
1. Atomic Punk
Anyone else out there gonna have a go?April 5, 2013 at 8:47 am #21982
Okay, time up. Atomic Punk wins this week.
Here’s your next one.
1. What color was The Incredible Hulk in his first appearance?
2. Name all four of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3. In which Pokemon region would you be most likely to find a Cyndaquil?
4. What does T.A.R.D.I.S stand for?
5. What is the second law of robotics in I Robot?
6. Who is the first boss in the Crash Bandicoot series?
7. Finish this quote: â€œOne ring to rule them all, One ring to find themâ€¦.â€
8. Who was the first â€˜ghostâ€™ encountered by Mystery Incorporated in Scooby Doo?
9. What is the name of the second Star Trek: The Next Generation movie?
10. Name Jeff Goldblumâ€™s character in Jurassic Park
11. Identify the types of droid shown in the pictures below (1/4 point for each)
12. What spectacular thing happened to Spider-Man in 1989, during the â€˜Acts Of Vengeanceâ€™ Crossover?
13. What sort of dragon does Harry Potter fight in The Goblet Of Fire?
14. Name all 7 evolutions of Eevee, prior to Pokemon X & Y (Bonus if you can name the eighth/newest one).
15. What is the name of the first Fighting Fantasy book?
16. Why should you let the Wookie win?
17. Which video game characters would you most likely be playing as if you were fighting these villains?
a. Ripto (1/4)
b. Doctor Eggman/ Robotnik (1/4)
c. Gannon/ Ganondorf (1/4)
d. Bowser (1/4)
18. Name all of the people to have been Batmanâ€™s sidekick Robin, up to 2013 (not including any alternate universe versions).
19. What is Milliways? (And for a bonus, please explain why you might not want to order the dish of the day).
20. Who is the first person in the Star Wars movies to say â€œI have a bad feeling about thisâ€?
2. Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, Leonardo
4. Time And Relative Dimension In Space
5. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders conflict with the first law.
7. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
8. The Black Knight Ghost
9. Star Trek: First Contact
10. Doctor Ian Malcom
11. A) Mouse Droid, B) Protocol Droid, C) Astromech Droid, D) Droideka
12. He gained cosmic powers
13. Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon (Bonus: Sylveon)
14. Hungarian Horntail
15. The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
16. Because they are known for pulling peoples arms out of their sockets when they lose
17. A) Spyro The Dragon, B) Sonic The Hedgehog, C) Link, D) Mario
18. Dick Greyson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, Damien Wayne
19. The restaurant at the end of the universe (Bonus: because it is delivered to your table alive and proceeds to offer bits of its self to you.)
20. Han Solo (in the Death Star garbage compactor in A New Hope)April 5, 2013 at 12:42 pm #21995
I felt I did pretty well this week. Got 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11(abcd), 14, 15, 16, 17 (bcd), 18, and 19 (but not the bonus). Sadly, I got 20 wrong because I was sure that the line was spoken earlier, and in a way I was right.
Approaching the Death Star for the first time in the Millennium Falcon, Luke does say “I have a very bad feeling about this.” Which was my answer.
So 12.75April 5, 2013 at 2:38 pm #22002
I got 16.25 with the bonus(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 BD, 13, 14, 16, 17 BCD, 18, 19 + bonus, 20)
Though Tardis could stand for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space as wellApril 5, 2013 at 8:46 pm #22010
The Atomic PunkParticipant
Whoo hoo! For a moment, I reclaimed my title as King of Worthless Knowledge. And #11 Part C coined the phrase.
And for about 6 months here, there was a place called “Milliways.” Not on the radar, but while it lasted, the name amused. No “Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blasters,” just good old-fashioned rum and cherry shots.April 6, 2013 at 8:24 am #22032
How dare they call their place Milliways and not serve Pan-Galactic Gargle-BlastersApril 23, 2013 at 9:32 am #23083
Sorry sort of forgot about this. Looks like Vampyrist won that last one.
Going to try something different this time. I’ve made some categories and lists of answers, you get a point for every answer you can get off of each list. There are 360 available answers, so this should really test people. I will be frankly amazed if anyone gets full marks, in fact I’m willing to bet no-one will get above half marks. But I’ll hopefully be proved wrong.
Ok, so: Name As Many As You Can Of The:
1) Current and former members of the Justice League
2) Fantastic Four Stand In Members (Not Mr Fantastic, Invisable Woman, Human Tourch Or The Thing)
3) Pokemon Version Mascots (Any Pokemon That Has Appeared On The Cover Of A Pokemon Nintendo Gameboy Game)
4) Doctor Who Companions (3+ Appearances, not including K-9)
5) Dwarves From The Hobbit
6) Sonic The Hedgehog Allies
7) Named Imperial Officers From The Original Star Wars Movies
8) Races who appear in 3 or more Star Trek series (i.e. The Original series, The Next Generation and Deep Space 9)
9) American Comic Book Based Superhero Movies (Up To 23/04/13)
10) Members Of Spider-Man’s Adversary Group, The Sinister Six
1) Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman (Diana), The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Atom, Hawkman (Carter Hall), Black Canary, Phantom Stranger, Elongated Man, Red Torndao, Hawkgirl (Shiera Hall), Zatanna, Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond/ Martin Stien), Steel (Hank Heywood), Vixen, Vibe, Gypsy, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Captain Marvel, Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson), Green Lantern (Guy Gardner), Mister Miracle, Doctor Light, Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Rocket Red 7, Rocket Red 4, Fire, Ice, Hawkman (Fel Andar), Hawkwoman (Sharon Parker), Huntress, Doctor Fate (Linda Strauss), Lightray, Orion, General Glory, Tasmanian Devil, Maxima, Ray, Black Condor, Agent Liberty, Bloodwynd, Flash (Jay Garrick), Animal Man, Flash (Wally West), Metamorpho, Power Girl, Crimson Fox, Blue Jay, Silver Sorceress, Maya, Major Disaster, G’nort, Multi-Man, Big Sir, Cluemaster, Clock King, The Mighty Bruce, Scarlet Skier, Triumph, Nuklon, Obsidian, Amazing Man, Blue Devil, Icemaiden, L-Ron/ Despero, Mystek,Zan, Jayna, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Tomorrow Woman, Aztek, Green Arrow (Connor Hawke), Oracle, PLastic Man, Steel (John Henry Irons), Zauriel, Wonder Woman (Hippolyta), Big Barda, Hourman, Jade, Antaeus, Jesse Quick, Dark Flash, Moon Maiden, Nightwing/ Batman, Faith, Etrigan/ Jason Blood, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Manitou Raven, Sister Superior, Menagerie, Coldcast, Naif Al-Sheikh, Kasumi, Manitou Dawn, Firestorm (Jason Rusch), Firehawk, Super-Chief, Bulleteer, Ambush Bug, Black Lightning, Red Arrow, Geo-Force, Supergirl, Starman, Congorilla, Guardian, Mon-El, Donna Troy, Cyborg, Starfire, Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes), Godiva, August General in Iron, Batwing, OMAC, Olympian, The Atom (Rhonda Pineda),
Element Woman, Katana, Stargirl, Green Lantern (Simon Baz), Catwoman
2) Crystal, Medusa, Luke Cage, Nova, She-Hulk, She-Thing, Ant Man (Scott Lang), Namorita, Storm, Black Panther, Franklin Richards, Valeria Richards, Flux, Spider-Man, Ms. Thing
3) Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pikachu, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal
4) Susan Foreman, Barbara Wright, Ian Chesterton, Vicki, Steven Taylor, Dodo Chaplet, Polly, Ben Jackson, Jamie McCrimmon, Victoria Waterfield, Zoe Heriot, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, Liz Shaw, Jo Grant, Sarah Jane Smith, Sergeant Benton, Mike Yates, Harry Sullivan, Leela, Romana, Adric, Nyssa, Tega Jovanka, Vislor Turlough, Peri Brown, Melanie Bush, Ace, Rose Tyler, Jack Harkness, Mickey Smith, Donna Noble, Martha Jones, Wilfred Mott, Amy Pond, Rory Williams, River Song, Clara Oswald
5) Thorin Oakenshield, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Dwalin, Flil, Gloin, Kili, Nori, Oin, Ori
6) Miles ‘Tails’ Prower, Amy Rose, Knuckles The Echidna, Charmy Bee, Espio The Chameleon, Mighty The Armadillo, Vector The Crocodile, Big The Cat, Froggy, Omochao, Tikal, Shadow, Rouge The Bat, Cream The Rabbit, Blaze The Cat
7) Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star II commander), Admiral Conan Antonio Motti (the guy who was choked by Darth Vader in ep IV), Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel (the incompetent star destroyer commander in ep V), General Tagge, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Maximilian Veers (Hoth assault commander)
8) Andorian, Android, Bajoran, Betazoid, Bolian, Borg, Boslic, Cardassian, Ferengi, Hologram, Human, Genetically Engineered/ Augmented Human, Evolved/ Advanced Human, Klingon, Lurian, Nausicaan, Orion, Peliar Zel natives, Q, Risian, Romulan, Tribble, Trill, Vulcan, Yridian.
9) Superman and the Mole Men (1951), Batman (1966), Superman (1978), Superman II (1980), Swamp-Thing (1982), Superman III (1983), Supergirl (1984), Howard The Duck (1986), Superman IV (1987), Batman (1989), The Return Of Swamp Thing (1989), The Punisher (1989), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), Captain America (1990), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II (1991), The Rocketeer (1991), Batman Returns (1992), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993), The Crow (1994), The Mask (1994), Batman Forever (1995), Judge Dredd (1995), Tank Girl (1995), The Crow: City Of Angels (1996), Barb Wire (1996), Batman & Robin (1997), Spawn (1997), Steel (1997), Blade (1998), Mystery Men (1999), The Crow: Salvation (200), X-Men (200), Blade II (2002), Spider-Man (2002), Daredevil (2003), X2 (2003), Hulk (2003), The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003), Hellboy (2004), The Punisher (2004), Spider-Man 2 (2004), Catwoman (2004), Blade: Trinity (2004), Constantine (2005), The Crow: Wicked Prayer (2005), Elektra (2005), Son Of The Mask (2005), Batman Begins (2005), Fantastic Four (2005), V For Vendetta (2005), X-Men: Last Stand (2006), Superman Returns (2006), Ghost Rider (2007), Spider-Man 3 (2007), Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer (2007), Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Hellboy II (2008), The Dark Knight (2008), Punisher: War Zone (2008), The Spirit (2008), Watchmen (2009), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Kick Ass (2010), Iron Man 2 (2010), Jonah Hex (2010), The Green Hornet (2011), Thor (2011), X-Men: First Class (2011), Green Lantern (2011), Captain America (2011), Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengance (2012), The Avengers (2012), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Dredd (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013)
10) Chameleon, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Kraven The Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff), Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio (Quentin Beck), Lizard, Rhino, Green Goblin, Scorpion, Shocker, Grim Reaper, Trapster, Venom, Hobgoblin, Gog, Mysterio (Daniel Berkhart), Kraven The Hunter (Alyosha Kravinoff), Beetle, Boomerang, Living Brain, Overdrive, Speed DemonApril 23, 2013 at 10:57 am #23088
I got 190, I got about half of the JL members, a couple replacement ff members, 3/4 of the pokemon, almost all of the companions, a couple of the dwarves, a majority of the sonic aids, 1 admiral, a couple of the trek races, a good deal of the movies, and most of the sinister six.April 23, 2013 at 1:15 pm #23093
This one looks complicated. I’m going to need time to try to devote on this one. And I’ll have to write my answers down or I’m not sure I’ll remember all of them.
Maybe after work tonight.April 24, 2013 at 7:16 am #23125
I got 64 out of 360.
Not too good, I’m afraid, but I did get all the dwarves. Got them memorized when I was seven
Also, I came up with a couple of films that you didn’t list:
Wonder Woman (1974)
Captain America (1979)
Captain America II: Death Too Soon (1979)
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993)
Wonder Woman (2009)April 24, 2013 at 7:43 am #23127
Those were all TV movies/ straight to video, whilst Darkman wasn’t a comic book character prior to the film so it wasn’t eligible.
Though you do get a round of applause for completing one of the categories.April 24, 2013 at 9:57 am #23132
Ah, that makes sense.
And thank you very much
Edit: Hey, what about:
The Phantom (1996)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.