Geek Quiz

Home Forums The Pub Geek Quiz

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

The TV series is also quite good as well. As for the movie, I didn’t think it was that bad, I actually enjoyed it a bit.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I could rag on that film for year without repetition.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Meant to post this yesterday, I sort of forgot.

Geek Quiz Leader Board (Current)

1. Trekkie- 11
    2. Vampyrist- 8
    3. Kaldath- 5
    4. The Atomic Punk- 3
    4. Headlessgeneral- 3

Anyone else out there going to try to knock Trekkie off the top spot. I’m not posting the next one until Friday.

Myro
    Participant

Not bad. I managed to get 2, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14, and 17. Soooo…7 right.

Not good enough to take down Trekkie though.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro said:

Not bad. I managed to get 2, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14, and 17. Soooo…7 right.

Not good enough to take down Trekkie though.

Still, it puts you in third place for the moment.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I’m currently working on the next quiz and I’m expanding the geeky-ness to include a few more subjects, so if there are any topics you’d like to see in the quiz, let us know and I’ll try to incorporate then in to 20 questions (obviously keeping with the core of Marvel, DC, Star Wars and Trek and Doctor Who).
    In the mean time, this quiz is still open for 2 more days, so lets see if you can beat Trekkie’s high score.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

High Fantasy Novel Questions would be nice

Two quick example questions off the top of my head:

In the Dragonlance War of the Lance trilogy what was the Name of Tasslehoff’s Famous Uncle?

In The Wheel Of Time Series who are “The People Of The Dragon”?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Kaldath said:

High Fantasy Novel Questions would be nice

Two quick example questions off the top of my head:

In the Dragonlance War of the Lance trilogy what was the Name of Tasslehoff’s Famous Uncle?

In The Wheel Of Time Series who are “The People Of The Dragon”?

I’m not familiar with either of those series, but I will do some research and I’ll see what I can come up with. I’m already incorporating questions on one particular fantasy novel that everyone will know.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok. I think I’ll call an end to the first Geek Quiz. Here’s the final leader board.

1. Trekkie- 11
    2. Vampyrist- 8
    3. Myro- 7
    4. Kaldath- 5
    5. The Atomic Punk- 3
    5. Headlessgeneral- 3

So congratulations to Trekkie who is the first Geek Of The Week.
    The next quiz will be up shortly.

JR19759
    Keymaster

And now: Geek Quiz 2: The Geek Quiz Strikes Back

1. What is Supermans’ birth name?
    2. How old (to the nearest 100 years) is Yoda when he dies in ‘Return Of The Jedi”?
    3. From which TV show do these catchphrases originate?
    a. Live long and prosper (1/4 point) b. Exterminate (1/4 point) c. Don’t Panic (1/4 point) d. Don’t make me angry/ You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry. (1/4 point)
    4. Which comic featured Stan Lees’ first published story when he first joined Timely (now Marvel) comics?
    5. What illness does Discworld writer Terry Pratchett suffer from?
    6. What year did the Cybermen first appear in Doctor Who?
    7. Name the 5 original members of the Justice League
    8. What is Captain Kirk’s middle name?
    9. What is the name of the group of protagonists in the Dragonlance Chronicles trilogy?
    10. How did Ford Prefect, from A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, get his name?
    11. Who was the Supreme Chancellor before Palpatine in The Phantom Menace?
    12. Name the ruling political party in V For Vendetta
    13. How many Star Trek movies have there been? (Not including the not yet released Star Trek Into Darkness)
    14. What race is Gollum/ Smeagol?
    15. What is the name of the war during which the Wheel Of Time prequel novel New Spring is set?
    16. What was Luke Skywalkers original name in the original draft for Star wars?
    17. What is the species name of the Silurians from Doctor Who?
    18. Name 9 out of the 13 villains who have appeared in a Batman live action film from the 1960’s to 2012 (+ a bonus point for anyone who can name all 13).
    19. In which Discworld novel does Death give up his job to become a farm hand?
    20. Who was the last king of Gondor, before Aragorn took the throne in the Return of the King?

Answers

1. Kal-El
    2. 900
    3. a. Star Trek, b. Doctor Who, c. A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, d. The Hulk
    4. Captain America
    5. Alzheimer’s
    6. 1966
    7. Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman
    8. Tiberius
    9. Heroes of the Lance
    10. He got it from a car (that nearly ran him over according to the film)
    11. Finis Valorum (Chancellor Valorum)
    12. Norsefire
    13. 11
    14. Stoor/ River-Folk
    15. The Aiel War
    16. Annikkin Starkiller
    17. Homo Reptilia
    18. Any of- Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow, Ra’s Al Ghul, Carmine Falcone, Sal Maroni, Talia Al Ghul
    19. Reaper Man
    20. Earnur

Dionne Jinn

I got 2, 11, 14, 16 and 19, so five in total. Not bad considering I know next to nothing about super heroes.

Myro
    Participant

I got 1, 2, all 4 answers for 3, 7, 8, 10*, 11, 16, and 18 (but only got the minimum 9 villains, so no bonus points for me). So 9 points. Ashamed to say I couldn’t remember the answers to 9 and 14, which I should have known. Also, I messed up on my count on 13, and missed a movie, which I should have also gotten right if I was thinking clearly.

*In the book, if I remember correctly, Ford mistakenly believed, prior to arriving, that cars were the dominant species on Earth, so he named himself after a model of a car, thinking the name would be nicely inconspicuous.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro- I couldn’t remember how exactly it was phrased in the book/ TV show/ Radio show, I think it was the best selling model in the year he arrived on earth.

Yep, another bad one for me. I got 1,2, half of 3(a &d),11, and 18(I named 9 of the 13) for a total 4 and half.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

6 3/4 for me!

Got: 1, 2, 3 (a,b, & d ), 8, 9, 15, 18 ( 10/13)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.