Forum Critique

This topic contains 34 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  rj merewether 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1243

    CKnap
    Participant

    Yes, like in the UGO forums we were able to go back and add new pics to an existing post or update a characters profile.

    #1245
    Kaldath
    Kaldath
    Keymaster

    At this point you can only edit one of your posts until someone else comments  on the thread that all posts before that comment are locked to editing. Looking at the promissions list however Jeff can change it to “Can Edit Your Own Posts Forever” however you have to talk to him about it and convince him. I personally would like to be able to edit my own posts at any given time whenever I choose to like we are able to on UGO. 

    #1250

    CKnap
    Participant

    Yeah well lets hope Jeff sees this or we can talk to him about it eventually 

    #1251

    AFDStudios
    Keymaster

    OK, done — you can now edit your own posts forever. Holler if there's a problem with it.

    #1252

    Dionne Jinn
    Member

    I tried it to one of my post on this conversation and seemed to work fine. Next to test it on something with pictures.

    #1489

    GuyGenesis
    Participant

    I'm having trouble getting a handle on the Path/Tag thing, Like I tried quoting a post earlier and my response is mixed in, is there a tutorial or something to get the hang of Word Press?

     

    EDIT* after finding one of Kaldath's posts on another thread, do I just have to use another browser other than IE?

    #1491

    Hammerknight
    Participant

    It looks like IE is not working very good with WordPress, I'm using Mozilla Firefox and it seems to be working good so far.

    #1492

    GuyGenesis
    Participant

    Ok Thanks HK, I guess I'll download Firefox

    #1493
    Kaldath
    Kaldath
    Keymaster

    Hammerknight said:

    It looks like IE is not working very good with WordPress, I'm using Mozilla Firefox and it seems to be working good so far.

    It works well with Google Chrome, and appears to be fine on Apple's Safari browser for Windows also, besides for Firefox ( which as stated works fine ) and IE I haven't tried it on any others browsers at this time. 

    #1496

    CKnap
    Participant

    Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue lately but anytime i click on the the link for a post or the edit tool when you look at the list of threads it just keeps saying loading and doesnt end up showing anything else. 

    #1499
    Kaldath
    Kaldath
    Keymaster

    CKnap said:

    Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue lately but anytime i click on the the link for a post or the edit tool when you look at the list of threads it just keeps saying loading and doesnt end up showing anything else. 

    I have been having that problem also, the work around I have been doing has been to right click the link and selecting Open Link In a New Tab

    #1572

    CKnap
    Participant

    Kaldath said:

    CKnap said:

    Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue lately but anytime i click on the the link for a post or the edit tool when you look at the list of threads it just keeps saying loading and doesnt end up showing anything else. 

    I have been having that problem also, the work around I have been doing has been to right click the link and selecting Open Link In a New Tab

    Yeah i just right click the link button and copy it without opening it but even editing your thread title seems too not load properly. I just thought it would be worth bringing up.

    #1594

    Kaylin88100
    Participant

    MartianBlue said:

    I'm having trouble getting a handle on the Path/Tag thing, Like I tried quoting a post earlier and my response is mixed in, is there a tutorial or something to get the hang of Word Press?

     

    EDIT* after finding one of Kaldath's posts on another thread, do I just have to use another browser other than IE?

    It's difficult, and I've seen several people having the same problem. The trick to making sure your reply is outside the quote is to look just below the typing area, where it says “Path”. If it just says “p”, you're outside the quote. If it says “p >> blockquote >> p”, you're inside the quote.

    Another way of telling is that the quote is indented slightly from the left compared to normal text. Hope that helps!

    #1700

    CKnap
    Participant

    I was trying too send a pm but they dont seem too wanna work. Just keeps loading.

    #1736

    CKnap
    Participant

    Nvm workin now 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.