dblade’s Villainy and Valor Creation Contest #2: Gigantica

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges dblade’s Villainy and Valor Creation Contest #2: Gigantica

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

dblade
    Participant

Just a reminder. Next Tuesday at 9:00 am (central time) is the cutoff date for the contest. Get er done! Especially those of you who are on the path to the mask.

Harlekin

My Gigantica, not fancy, not bingee, not shiny, but if someone **** with her she will be very angry and the cars are flying very low.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/tarkabarka/2012/11/Harlequin_Dblade_Gigantica.PNG

dblade
    Participant

Deadline is coming up on Tuesday. :)

barbario
    Participant

heres my 2 cents

dblade
    Participant

The contest is closed! I might have to wait until tonight to post the winner and comments.

Next up: Ms. Manga!

dblade
    Participant

Djuby Entry #1: Djuby’s Gigantica #1 has a marvelous costume. It looks like Gigantica is trying to oversexualize her look probably to gain somebody’s attention. Gigantica’s face has a look of concern or worry that goes very much with her description. Overall it made me really reconsider how I viewed Gigantica.

Djuby Entry #2: Gigantica #2 goes even farther with the attention-getting costume, plus her general demeanor is much fiercer. I imagine this is what Gigantica would like to be like in her fantasies. I really like the look of this one even though it doesn’t quite fit the description of meek woman in love. If this was a comic book I could see this as the alternate costume that Gigantica wears when someone messes with her brain and causes her to go “bad”. Maybe a little over exposure to Neurotica’s powers perhaps.

JR19759: JR19759’s Gigantica has a small cute face on a very masculine body, which is a nice juxtaposition of looks. I’ll admit I would have liked to see a more curvaceous body in this costume, but I can see where JR19759 was going with his choice.

Kaldath: Kaldath’s entry made me smile. I hadn’t thought to incorporate the business aspect of Gigantica into her supers costume. Very creative.

Fishface13: fishface123’s Gigantica looks a litte scary with that mask but I like the general look of her costume. Reminds me of a wrestler.

Weilyn: Weilyn’s Gigantica made me giggle out loud. Definitely illustrates the drawback of growing powers. Very cute.

Vampyrist: Vampyrist’s Gigantica looks a little more conservative and definitely falls into the mousy side of the character’s personality. I imagine this is the kind of costume Gigantica started out with until she decided to make it more sexy to gain Madame Malevolent’s attention.

Headlessgeneral: Headlessgeneral’s Gigantica is probably the closest to what I originally had in mind for Gigantica. Her costume is stylish but not overdone, and the belt scarf is a nice touch of playfulness. I have mixed feelings about the spikes though, but it doesn’t detract from the overall look.

CKnap: CKnap’s Gigantica would make a great companion to his Neurotica. They look like they belong in the same super spy group.

Herr D: I appreciate Herr D getting creative with the environment for Gigantica. I like the look on her face. She looks like a little girl who just got into trouble.

Harlequin: Harlequin’s Gigantica is very sexy and smart looking (yeah glasses will do that) and I imagine this is what she looks like in her business attire. I really like how Harlequin executed the car holding in this piece.

Barbario: HAH! This is great. Now if I could only get the camera to go wide. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Hmmm….I choose…..headlessgeneral AND djuby (both versions) as the winners!

I really couldn’t decide which was my favorite because they all work well for different reasons. If I’ve learned anything about myself with this contest is that I’m a lame judge who won’t commit to just one winner. My weakness is your gain though. Both of you can choose a Custom Item (see above for rules)!

CONGRATULATIONS! And thanks for everybody who entered. If you entered the Neurotica contest you are one step closer to your very own Custom Mask Item. If you feel confident that you will complete the Femme Fattalion challenge, feel free to post your request here or in my custom item thread: http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-heromachine-art-gallery/dblades-whiz-bang-item-dispenser/

Note to Winners: Would it be possible to send me the text files for these and the previous Neurotica entries?

barbario
    Participant

thanks. i wasnt really expecting to win. i thought id just go for the laugh.

Thank you, dblade, for awarding me the co-win. And congrats to djuby! Smile

I know what you mean about the spikes. I threw them in at the last second(right over the plain braces, which I originally had) in an attempt to make her look more villainy. And, after submitting the entry, immediately wished I had left them off.

As for the text files, I tried to upload them but it says they are too big. Any suggestions?

CKnap
    Participant

Awesome job guys! I like your characters a lot.
    @ Djuby: I was thinking of making her with a cape but I thought to myself, when she gets larger what happens when shes walking between buildings and snags it on a flag pole or something LOL so I opted against it.

djuby
    Participant

Thanks for the co-nod, and kudos to headless for another awesome piece.

dblade
    Participant

@headlessgeneral said:

Thank you, dblade, for awarding me the co-win. And congrats to djuby! http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

I know what you mean about the spikes. I threw them in at the last second(right over the plain braces, which I originally had) in an attempt to make her look more villainy. And, after submitting the entry, immediately wished I had left them off.

As for the text files, I tried to upload them but it says they are too big. Any suggestions?

I will send you my email in a private message and you can send me an email if you like.

dblade
    Participant

I look forward to seeing what you want me to create. Hopefully we will see all of these pieces added to HM3 when Jeff has the time.

Weilyn

Great entries everyone! Now on to # 3!

Herr D
    Participant

Congrats to cowinners. Thank you for the review, dblade. Oh. I probably speak for most of us when I say you can be as ‘lame’ as you can make prizes for with no hard feelings. Limp as wide as you like–your contest.

djuby
    Participant

Another glove request from me. Bicep length glove version of this leg covering:

djuby-request.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.