dblade’s Villainy and Valor Creation Contest #1

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges dblade’s Villainy and Valor Creation Contest #1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Hopefully I’m not too late for this. I forgot I’d done this.

Neurotica

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/323/5/a/neurotica_by_jr19759-d5li8vi.png

Looking at the other entries, I know I’m not going to win, but it’s the taking part that counts (literally in this case).

dblade
    Participant

One more day for Neurotica entries. I’ll close the contest at 9:00 am (Central Time, Chicago).

Get your entry in if you want to work towards a guaranteed Custom Mask Item. Do you really want to explain to your parents why the other Machinists are running around with their own Custom Masks? Don’t be a slacker!

CKnap
    Participant

Heres my entry of Neurotica, I wanted to do an entire scene but ive been to busy to get a good pose and such done.

Neurotica.png

OK, finally got to her.

Neurotica
    DB-Neurotica.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Wow!

dblade
    Participant

And the contest is closed! I will try to get back today with comments and winner announcement!

dblade
    Participant

djuby: djuby’s Neurotica has one of my favorite costumes, combining erotic naughtiness with dramatic showmanship. The feathers, chains, and leg bindings make a statement— something crazy is about to happen and you don’t know whether it’s going to be a glorious dream or your worst nightmare. I can definitely see her prancing about, talking sexy one moment and bat chip crazy the next.

Dark Moon: Very pretty. I really like the funky patterns in the outfit. This Neurotica looks a little too sweet for my evil plans though.

Weilyn: Weilyn’s Neurotica made me chuckle when I saw her. I really like the random clothing choices and those buggy eyes freaked me out. She struck me as an urban chaos mage, which is a good thing. Definitely brought the crazy.

Kaldath: Kaldath’s Neurotica has lots of attitude. She looks like a butt-kicking version of Neurotica, that is if you can ignore the cute little tophat, which brings her back into the realm of nutty. My daughter loved the little hat as did I.

Harlequin: Harlequin’s Neurotica is probably one of my favorites of his unique body of work. Great pose and coloring. This Neurotica is very sexy and tough, and even if she didn’t have mindbending powers I would probably be afraid to approach her.

Herr D: Herr D’s Neurotica looks great in her gypsy-styled outfit. She appears petulant and sassy, kind of a villainous Pink who will walk all over you while angrily singing her favorite tunes.

Fishface123: fishface123’s Neurotica is the scariest of the bunch, with her white skin and creepy eyes. I really like the clever representation of Neurotica’s powers, something I might borrow when I describe her power usage. Imagine a glowing energy mask with a face twisted in an exaggerated emotion, racing toward you.

JR19759: JR19759’s Neurotica has a great outfit that is both sexy and a little off kilter at the same time. Definitely the most traditional of villainous fashion while still being original and thoughtfully designed. I like that her eyes are quite striking even behind a mask.

CKnap: Cknap’s Neurotica looks like she might make an excellent super spy. Very pretty but not enough crazy. How often do you hear someone complain about that?

Headlessgeneral: The first thing that struck me with Headlessgeneral’s Neurotica is the expression on her face. The slight grin and overly bright eyes makes me wonder what is going on in Neurotica’s mind. Probably nothing good but a guy can hope. She looks playful and sexy, and probably the most approachable of this gallery. Just the way she wants you to feel.

I must say this was very hard to judge but ultimately I had to go with djuby’s Neurotica. I really like the combination of erotic and showiness and I feel she expertly represents the concept of Neurotica. So djuby, choose the form of your Custom Item and choose well! Feel free to post your request in this thread or send me a private message.

But that’s not all, folks! I have two runner-ups that I went to give props too— Headlessgeneral and Harlequin! For your consolation prizes you can each choose a Nose, Eye, or Mouth Custom Item that I will create to your specification. That’s right I’m giving away more prizes. That’s what happens in Crazy Town! Feel free to post your request in this thread or send me a private message.

And don’t forget, everyone’s entry is the first step to getting your own Custom Mask Item.

djuby
    Participant

Thanks so much sir! I am truly surprised and very honoured. As for the request, there is a boot top in foot right that appears to be bands cross wrapped around the calf, with a straight band just below the knee. The costume designer in me wishes there were elbow length gloves in the same style. If this is possible that would be great. If not, just let me know. Hope this is not a lame request. I’ve never requested a piece of clothing for a superhero before. Thanks again, and props to all the entries. Great renditions of a very cool character.

Congrats, djuby! Great design.

Thanks Dblade for the runner-up nod and consolation prize offer, you are very generous. I think I’ll have a mouth of some sort. Perhaps a smile as there isn’t one I really like yet, a big smile with teeth showing. I’ll see if I can find a good reference pic for you.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Congrats Djuby and everyone else, there was so much creativity here that I’m sorry I was too late to join in. I did intend to get on this, and I actually started one, and it just never came into fruition by the deadline. Here is what I came up with for Neurotica, however.

Neurotica.png

Congrats once again to everyone else, you guys are fantastic at this and I await what you’ll come up with for his next contest.

Herr D
    Participant

Congrats to djuby. This was fun, dblade. See you all in #2.

dblade
    Participant

@djuby said:

Thanks so much sir! I am truly surprised and very honoured. As for the request, there is a boot top in foot right that appears to be bands cross wrapped around the calf, with a straight band just below the knee. The costume designer in me wishes there were elbow length gloves in the same style. If this is possible that would be great. If not, just let me know. Hope this is not a lame request. I’ve never requested a piece of clothing for a superhero before. Thanks again, and props to all the entries. Great renditions of a very cool character.

I think I know which piece you speak of. I will post a sample later to verify. This is a very reasonable, non-lame request. :)

dblade
    Participant

@headlessgeneral said:

Congrats, djuby! Great design.

Thanks Dblade for the runner-up nod and consolation prize offer, you are very generous. I think I’ll have a mouth of some sort. Perhaps a smile as there isn’t one I really like yet, a big smile with teeth showing. I’ll see if I can find a good reference pic for you.

Cool. Once you find a good reference pic feel free to post it in this thread.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@dblade said:

@djuby said:

I think I know which piece you speak of. I will post a sample later to verify. This is a very reasonable, non-lame request. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Yes I have to agree with dblade that you have made a non-lame reasonable request, there are a lot of items in both footwear and gloves that I wish had matching pieces in the other Another thing I noticed in Gloves is a distinct lack of gloves that are usable in both arm turned inward and arms turned out poses.

djuby
    Participant

Not to mention the shocking lack of gloves designed to fit the female template. How are we to distinguish between the ladies of quality and the harlots?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.