Currently reading

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Reading “Eldest”, second in Christopher Paolini’s Inheritence Cycle, for the first time in years. Takes time to read, but I’m roughly halfway through it.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

I just finished reading a great trilogy Written by Joseph R Lallo called “The Book of Deacon” very good fantasy story that I highly recommend. If you buy the Kindle versions of the book the first one is free and the other two are only $2.99 each.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Oh, and for any fans of the Wheel of Time series I just learned that the 14th and final book “A Memory of Light” has gone on sale as of today.

CyberWolf

Inheritance Cycle. The best fantasy! I just read through the fourth.

FRM

that’s the second best series ever.

go on… ask….

CantDraw
    Participant

Everyone, “What’s the first?”

Trekkie
    Participant

Actually, I was going to ask: What’s the third?

FRM

well, the first is most certainly Lord of the Rings. no explanation needed.
    and the third, my dear Trekkie, is not Star Trek (that was never a book, at least to start), but is in fact (possibly?) Harry Potter, whose birthday i share.

prswirve
    Participant

Anybody read about “Mistborn” trilogy? Really bad ass fantasy, highly recommended read.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

A few months ago I found a copy of The Legend of Luke, (I hope I got the title correct.) This was my first reading any of the books in the Redwall series. I heard of it but thought it was strictly kid literature. I bought a few books for my daughter but never really paid attention to them. Anyway, I decide to read this book and it was great! But when I’m half way through the book, my daughter sees me reading it, and says she needs that one! Now I’m stuck, because she took my book! I was really into it!

JDJ2508

Just read John Flannagan’s rangers apprentice series for rhe fifth time i love em

Folkly
    Participant

Hey, I’ve read one of those. “The Sorcerer in the North”, it was – our local library service has a strange habit of buying a series and then scattering the books around the different library branches, and this time our branch got the fifth book! You’ve reminded me that I meant to try and find the others. I love fantasy, especially the kind set in the real world or something recognisably like it (I’m not so much for the heavy sword-and-sorcery stuff where everyone’s called things like P’tahk and Uioeou). Big kid, I know.

I’ve just re-read “Life, the Universe and Everything” (the 3rd Hitchhiker’s Guide book). Whew – I’ve been playing Star Trek Online and not much else for so long that I forgot what a real outer-space yarn is supposed to be like. That man’s got twice as much imagination as most of STO, and 100 times the LAUGHS!

JDJ2508

Haha Star Trek is cool i just havent had time to get into it with my other interests

Myro
    Participant

Feeling like I should update this one. Just got through the two books of “The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences” series (steampunk genre). And late as I am at getting on this, just started reading “Game of Thrones” with the intent on getting through the currently published novels in the “Song of Ice and Fire” series.

Currently reading The Ships of Air it is steampunk fantasy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.