Contemporary (Common, Stylised) Backgrounds

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery HeroMachine 3 Custom Items Archive Backgrounds Contemporary (Common, Stylised) Backgrounds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ximero
    Participant

Hi, everyone! 🙂 I’ve made this illustration for a generic disco/night club setting and had to create the disco ball and the Martini. It’s not much, but i’m posting it here (there was no other thread it could go to, since it’s not exactly sci-fi – despite being part of a future world – or much less medieval/fantasy or maritime) to maybe save you guys the trouble in the future ^^ Feel free to use it while sending a kind thought my way, and maybe later checking out my other stuff. Have a great what’s-left-of-the-weekend, wherever you are!

Here’s what my full illustration looks like (B&W) and i’ve attached the code for it in .txt – enjoy! 🙂

Night-Club-2.png

Excelsior!

Dionne Jinn

Very nice!

Ximero
    Participant

That awkward moment when the image you posted and felt pretty darn good about shows up as HUGE in your post for all the hidden flaws to suddenly become very visible :/

Ximero
    Participant

Ah, many thanks, Dionne Jinn, hadn’t seen you there 🙂

Dionne Jinn

No problem. And I so know what you mean that after posting you start to notice all the little things that are not so good in the picture… Been there, done that, all the time.

Ximero
    Participant

Yeah 😀 i wish i could just shrink the images when i post them. Not a lot, just a tiny bit – almost everything looks better from a distance, after all 😀

Oh, and i’ve just checked your deviantArt profile – it seems you’re a Phantom of the Opera and Sandokan fan :3 good stuff! I remember very little of Sandokan, tbh, mostly from one of the movies i randomly saw as a kid, but he did come off as pretty heroic at the time 😉 And Eric, well… *___* (#ChristineMadeTheWrongChoiceDammit :D)

See ya around 🙂

Dionne Jinn

Yeah. I love Sandokan (and pirate fiction in general). Though I kind of think the movies I’ve seen don’t really do justice to the books. I prefer the novels.

Ximero
    Participant

“A pirate’s life for [you],” eh? 😉

Dionne Jinn

And a bottle of rum! 😉

Ximero
    Participant

Aye, Cap’n! 😀

Lime
    Participant

If you want an easy way to show your character is from St. Louis, just stick ’em in front of the Gateway Arch.

stlouissunset.png

Download stlouissunset-1.txt

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, Lime. I haven’t been to St. Louis in years. Have to ask, have you been watching “Defiance?” If yes, what do you think? For my part, it’s been “meh.” I expected more out of Rockne S. O’Bannon (chef d’oeuvre, “Farscape”). My favorite characters so far have been Sukar (who they use like a punching bag) and Doc Yewll (who I can relate to).

Lime
    Participant

I haven’t seen Defiance; I don’t watch much TV these days. (Too busy wasting my free time on the Internet.) I am, however, toying in my head with a novel about a guy who moves to St. Louis and meets an old lady there who’s very annoyed with his family for not keeping their promise to her family to practice magic together — and she’s annoyed with him personally for not being a woman, as this was a tradition that was supposed to be handed from mother to daughter. Anyway, she takes him on as an apprentice, and the Big Problem they have to deal with is that someone is trying to use the good ol’ Gateway to the West as a portal to bring some monstrosity into this world.

All this I came up with just so I could have an excuse to title a story ARCHMAGE.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Cool

Herr D
    Participant

Yah, not many custom cityscape options. Maybe people find them easy? Well, here’s one I made.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.