Color my Bad Guy

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Color my Bad Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

livewyre1014
    Participant

Okay…so I made a bad guy in a suit of armor…and am never happy with how I color it. So I’m turning it over to you geniuses to give me the best you got!!! Winner will get a redesign of one of their characters done by me. Gentlemen, and women, start your COLORING!!!

badguy-armor.PNG

Download badguy-armor.txt

Scatman

Well it’s not your typical armor flavor ,but I needed to have fun…and that’ I did!
    livewyres-color-my-bad-guy.png

NHA247
    Participant

Here is my version.

Color-my-bad-guy.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

wow! you guys are blowing me away…I love them both!!! Come on machiners, keep em’ coming!!!

Nobody

Here’s my version since the name Baby Face Malone kept going through my head i made him a light blue
    Color-My-Bad-Guy.png

livewyre1014
    Participant

Well, it’s been a week. Great stuff from all three entries…not sure how to pick a winner here.

@ NOBODY- Very creative idea taking the Baby Face gangster and giving him baby blue armor.

@ NHA- I liked this version a lot, very well executed. Comes off a little Mr. Freeze, but sometimes the classic archetypes are the best.

@ Scatman – When I designed the character I never saw purple, but I love what you did here. Strikes me a little Jack Kirby-esque.

So, the time has come to choose the winner. After weighing all the options, it was a very close competition. The envelope please…and the winner is….NHA247!!!! Congratulations sir, and thank you to all who participated. As for your prize, post a picture of any character you would like to see get the LiveWyre treatment!!!

NHA247
    Participant

Thank you Live!
    I would love to see your recreation of my character The Silver Monk!

The-Silver-Monk-2.png

livewyre1014
    Participant

Alright sir, consider your character LiveWyre’d!!! Hope you like it.

SilverMonk-NHA247.PNG

NHA247
    Participant

Thats awesome! great work as always!!!

Scatman

Wow!that face is just amazing,great transformation,the original as NH knows is one of my favs,so what a treat!It sure does make me wish i won that one,great job on the coloring NH!!ah…..good stuff all round……..good stuff.Cool

Scatman

PS off the record.The longer I stared at that face,the more it lookes like Ralph from Family Guy.Just sayin’Wink

livewyre1014
    Participant

Thanks Scatman, and as one of my favorite machiners…if you ever want one of your designs to get the ol’ LW treatment, just lemme know ;)

prswirve
    Participant

Great Work! That’s what you become when you over eat, even if you’re a muscular monk.

livewyre1014
    Participant

My take on the character was a “Colossus” style hero that’s nearly invulnerable and super strong. So, I went with a more unorthodox build for the monk because if you are nearly invincible and super strong, I don’t see the need to work out being the key motivation for the monk. The pursuit of inner peace and spiritual growth would have taken the primary role in his life, so he doesn’t have to be physically perfect to be powerful.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@prswirve said:

Great Work! That’s what you become when you over eat, even if you’re a muscular monk.

Buddhists believe that a full belly represents enlightenment and balance. In his early days, Buddha was rail thin and anemic. As he progressed in his journey to Nirvana, he becomes fatter and laughs more. Hence the statues of a fat happy guy.

Both versions of Silver Monk are awesome. I think livewyre1014’s fits somewhere along the lines of the 1990s “Dark Knight” style whereas NHA247’s is more 1960s “Caped Crusader.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.