Cille's Unoriginal Thread Title

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Cille's Unoriginal Thread Title

This topic contains 48 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Cille Cille 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Cille
    Cille
    Participant

Thanks for the detailed feedback. πŸ™‚

I love it when I can just look through items and find things that work perfectly in a scene. That was the case with the rocks + water and remembering that there’s a lighthouse, and combining that one swoopy floor thing with the angled rock wall. I would have liked to use companions for random people walking by just to save time, but the only one with the right walking pose was a robot dude and that would not have been appropriate for this feudal seaside town. πŸ˜€ So instead I used that guy as a model and put together the elements for the same pose. I did give the guy a head, but it’s not super attractive and you’re right that cropping him keeps the focus more on her.

The shortsword not having a scabbard is actually a detail that ties into her backstory. When she washed up on the island, so did the corpses of some of her crewmates. The first mate (whom she had a crush on) still had his shortsword with him, so that became her weapon of choice and she kept it with her the entire time she was on the island. I guess if I thought harder about it the guy could have still had the scabbard too, but we can just say that by the time she was rescued the scabbard was long gone (and she somehow manages to get around without chopping her leg off πŸ˜€ ). This scene is some time after she has returned to civilization, so she may or may not have considered that it might be a good idea to buy a new scabbard. (But now that I’m thinking about it, if I ever play her I should probably remember to do that. πŸ˜€ )

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Cille Cille.
    Cille
    Cille
    Participant

Krag Horncarver – goliath berserker barbarian

Here we have my first request to do a portrait of someone else’s character. I was given a reference picture (a fairly standard Kratos/Grog-style big-guy-in-furs affair), a character sheet, and a general description of his gauntlet and boots, and away I went. Since it was basically just something I was doing for someone else to be nice, I didn’t plan on spending a whole lot of time on it, and I didn’t quibble about details the way I do on my own pictures. But the guy thought it looked amazing, so if he’s happy I’m happy. And he does look pretty badass.

As the strongest warrior in a tribe of mountain goliaths that was conquered by an ancient blue dragon, Krag took it upon himself to escape from his bonds and embark on a personal quest to become stronger so that one day he might return to free his people from their oppressor.

Blue Blazer
    Blue Blazer
    Participant

You’ve got some really impressive stuff here. It’s always a combination of awe-inspiring and aggravating to see someone take to Heromachine as quickly as you appear to have.

Cille
    Cille
    Participant

Hunter “Haunter” Nightshade – human grave cleric

Another portrait request for a fellow player. Working with this particular male head was interesting, as was trying to make him look like a dude who’s been through hell without going too far into gross gaunt zombie territory. I guess there aren’t any actual glove hands (aside from a few gauntlet type things), so I colored an actual hand to match the glove and used ovals to cover up the obvious fingernails. The whole color palette is pretty dark and spooky, so I had to try a little harder to make things not all blend into each other. Yay for finding an actual Anubis jackal head so I didn’t have to make one. My friend’s response was a text stating “I LOVE IT SO MUCH” so score another one there.

While his current partymates don’t know a whole lot about his troubled history, it’s pretty certain that this devotee of Anubis is a man who has seen – and probably done – some pretty dark things. He can’t even introduce himself without people mishearing his name as “Haunter” instead of Hunter. It’s an apt moniker, considering his tormented memories of a cursed land in another demiplane and the wife and daughter he lost. As he assists his new companions in their efforts to oppose a dragon cult, his faith guides him to bring death to those whose time has come and peace to those whom death has claimed.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.