Characters wanted for book series

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Characters wanted for book series

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

darth_ants

On the sole condition this is allowed by the heromachine admin team I would like to put forward a competition.

The easiest way to put this across, ever seen or heard of monster high? The children’s show about different types of creatures and monsters in humanoid forms? Google it! Good, now make it less child oriented. As a writer I look to use drawings and photos as inspiration.

So the competition. I am after about 15-20 characters consisting of; teacher’s, students and townsfolk. Both Male and female! Give your creations name and they will be the names used, you have my word. Any changes to names afterwards can be done just let me know. Any and all details will be used from frayed and torn clothing to black eyes, so get creative. I’ve used this for years since the beginning, but I need new ideas and I’ll admit, you guys (and of course ladies) are more kick ass then me. Credit will be given to each person for each, or multiple winnings. Vampire, zombie, werewolf, ghost / poltergeist, etc.

Should the series make anything I pledge 25% of lifetime sales to heromachine to keep things like this going.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

I am consulting with Jeff on weather to allow this challenge to run or not, until a decision is made I am locking this topic.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Jeff has given me the all clear to let this challenge to go forward. I however want to be clear that I do not want to see recreations of any of the Characters from Monster High. Nor any redesigns of said characters nothing but 100% original characters please. I am fairly familiar with characters of the show as my Niece is a Monster High Fanatic so I will be keeping an eye on this thread to make certain no copyright violations occur.

darth_ants

I do appreciate the all clear. And also would like to agree with the original work, over straight copies. I’m not in any way reusing the series of monster high, merely the type of characters, so the same characters would not be used. I can’t even say I’ve seen it myself. All types of characters in all types of styles. Since you will be the winner of your own creation I hope you come up with some type of creative name that kind of matches the character type. So with the blessing given. Go for it. I’ll keeps this open until the 1st of march to allowed as much as possible. I could even use them all…

Special note though, please state that you agree that I may use said character with your permission so I may go around the copyrights.

Keric
    Participant

I’ll let you have this one, it was made for the 341 contest~ feel free to redesign, or have others redesignLaugh
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/keric/2013/09/Summoned-Johnnie.PNG

hawk007
    Participant

I’m confused as to the challenge. What are you asking? Are you asking for us to give you our characters? I have a few that I’m not using, but I wouldn’t really classify them as monsters.

darth_ants

If you have existing characters that you believe are suitable then submit them. Or you can create new ones. Humanoid monsters, mer-people, vampires, gargoyle, zombie, werewolf, werecat, ghosts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.