Candruth’s Characters :3

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Candruth’s Characters :3

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 440 total)
  • Author

Candruth

Malai:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nug
    Participant

I’m so glad you’re back! Thanks for this!

Candruth

You’re very welcome! I can’t promise I’ll be around a whole lot since I’m about to start NaNoWriMo, but I’ll try. xD

Candruth

Lancer:

Attachments:

hawk007
    Participant

Those two last characters are already two of my favorite on here. The costume, posing, shading. Everything’s amazing!

Candruth

Thanks! I personally think seeing these two characters fight would be the coolest thing ever.

I tried taking a page from AMS’s book with the posing– good to hear it was effective. 😀

Candruth

Arctic Archer:

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

WOW!  Very dynamic posing!  Your colors and highlighting are excellent.  Love the splash of orange as your third color option.  It really draws the eye to the action.

Some things that are a little off.  Sorry. Since you have now justified yourself as a world class ‘machiner, I will be uping my critiquing and expect the same if you were looking at anything of mine.

First the bow.  The arrow and bowstring are perfect, but there is no flex in the bow.  With the string drawn back, there would be more arch to the bow from the pressure.

The bent knee.  You are missing the outline at the bend.  Try using a black insignia shape and tuck behind the knee to ad outline.

The right hand is smaller than the left.  Should be the opposite since the right hand is closer to the viewer.

And last but not least, please try and use a snipping tool to get the whole image and not have the bow cut off.

I know with the amount of time you have spent on this, that your first response at me would be to flip me the bird.  But I can see you like to push the envelope with your ‘machining and the tips might be helpful with some of your future outstanding concepts.

Cheers!

Candruth

@ams I totally appreciate the time you took to critique this, thanks. Your points are all completely valid and you’re pretty much an authority on this kind of stuff. 😀

I thought I was pretty thorough about this pose since I originally had the wrong leg up and the arrow on the near side of the bow. Glad I at least caught those ones. xD

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Combining the loose straps/buckles with the cloth boots is brilliant. Totally using (stealing) that in the future. Beautiful shading on that scarf too.

Nug
    Participant

“I thought I was pretty thorough about this pose since I originally had the wrong leg up and the arrow on the near side of the bow. Glad I at least caught those ones. xD”

Me too about the thorough… Except for the bow bend…I didn’t notice those things.  However… I did notice the arrow… A lot of people shoot with the arrow on the outs. It’s  a more efficient style of shooting.  I cant do it! I have to do it like you have depicted, but either way would have been cool.

Candruth

Arctic Archer, Round 2:

Attachments:

hawk007
    Participant

Congrats on being on Malai being in the Hall of Fame. Not sure if you have been before (wouldn’t doubt it), but the character was really awesome.

Candruth

Congrats on being on Malai being in the Hall of Fame. Not sure if you have been before (wouldn’t doubt it), but the character was really awesome.

Thanks so much! It is indeed my first time, and I’m super happy! 😀

Nug
    Participant

So cool you getting into the Hall of Fame! Congratulations!! Can’t wait for that day myself.

To quote AMS: “world class ‘machiner” 😉

Just realized I coded all over this post. Sorry I cleaned it up!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.